SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) Lifter Tick
Only happens when the motor is at full operating temps. Varies in loudness from really faint almost sounding like injectors clicking to pretty loud like my '90 Miata when it was due for an oil change. Sound is from non-pully end of motor under under valve cover. Seems to only happen at idle, or is at least only audible to me at idle. I plan on changing oil asap.

2) Ignition cylinder
Radio stays on and bing-bong key-in-ignition reminder sounds after removing key when driver door is open. If I turn radio off manually there is no power drain over night that I can tell. I'm assuming dirty cylinder preventing springback and plan to remove and clean then lube w/graphite.

3) Headlight or headlight leveling system
In my Aero wagon I thought this symbol meant a bulb was out. The HIDs are working fine. I didn't know if the sedan has a levleing system like the wagon or if the same symbol means multiple things.

Any thoughts appreciated.

·
Registered
867 Posts
2) Ignition cylinder
Radio stays on and bing-bong key-in-ignition reminder sounds after removing key when driver door is open. If I turn radio off manually there is no power drain over night that I can tell. I'm assuming dirty cylinder preventing springback and plan to remove and clean then lube w/graphite.
Most likely when you remove the key it is not popping back up. until you clean it just push on it with finger, it should pop up.
3) Headlight or headlight leveling system
In my Aero wagon I thought this symbol meant a bulb was out. The HIDs are working fine. I didn't know if the sedan has a levleing system like the wagon or if the same symbol means multiple things.
Any thoughts appreciated.
Check these threads they may help.
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201808
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178804
same basic system.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not getting Sid message, just the cluster symbol with headlight and up/down arrows. How can you tell if the level system is working?

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'm not getting Sid message, just the cluster symbol with headlight and up/down arrows. How can you tell if the level system is working?
The lamps should initialize up/down at start up. If they are aimed to the lowest setting, your leveling sensor is most likely bad. It's a guessing game as to which one without Tech2.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I had a front sensor issue in my '08 and the dash light only occasionally came on. But, traffic in front of me was getting blinded a lot of the time as the lights would hunt for "level" all up and down, but mostly up. Tech at the Saab dealer tried to tell me that there wasn't a problem because he pushed on the rear bumper and the lights reacted. I said absolutely not and invited him to take it for a ride and see what the lights do. He then hooked up the Tech 2 and discovered a bad front leveling sensor, which he quickly replaced. Voila, lights have been perfect ever since.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts