·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Facing a problem on MY 88 9000 Turbo

fuse 29 - RH Parking Light
fuse 12 - turn signals
fuse 9 r door windows/sunroof/backup lights

all three of the above fuses blow immediately or soon after placing a new fuse in. Is it possible that these three are related?

some things that may pertain:

removed the third brake light during initial cleaning and reinstalled it same day fuses blew. Would switching the two connectors cause said fuses to blow?

front right turn signal connectors have
exposed wires due to deteriorating casing

even when fuse 29 is pulled the other still blow immediately or shortly after.

I have not inspected the license plate lights as I know they are wired into fuse 29 as well, but can confirm both light up and work properly when fuse is in.

recently fixed the idle issue with a new MAF only to have this happen the same day, ha!

I have not inspected the license plate lights as I know they are wired into fuse 29 as well, but can confirm both light up and work properly when fuse is in.

any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Use a multimeter on set amps between the fuse connections to find which one/s are causing the fault.

·
Registered
7,666 Posts
Disconnect taillight connectors both sides and insert fuse.
If it stays intact, connect one taillight connector.
If fuse blows you have short in taillight base.
Then try another side in same way.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Use a multimeter on set amps between the fuse connections to find which one/s are causing the fault.
Went ahead and tested fuses with multimeter - found my turn signal had higher OHMS than all other fuses (all others sat at 0.00 or very close to). Pulled pack the loom tape on my RH indicator assembly and found exposed wires about four inches back.

I’m assuming the power / ground intersected and shorted out the RH parking fuse (29) then when that was blown it found the next fuse intersecting that park of the loom (turn signals), then back up lights (also connected to sunroof and rear windows)

went ahead and used electrical tape to sleeve the exposed wires until I can go pick up appropriate heat shrink to fix the wiring permanently.

If something about this theory sounds incorrect or not plausible please - educate me!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts