SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want a louder muffler, not ricey...just a nice deep sounding one....will the ones from ebay do me good? i want a dual (square tips i like) tip muffler....how hard is it to fit them onto the 97 9000? cuz my muffler is like so far back from the rear bumper and is angled...some help plz?

·
Banned
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
so i guess nobody on this entire forum knows...it would be very helpfull if someone poited me in the right direction because my muffler just fell off on the inlet from rust...some help on choosing a new muffler plz?

·
Registered
22 Posts
its a waste of money to get anything but a 3 inch exhaust if you going for performance. just a muffler will do nothing.

and a hint - use the search function

·
Registered
590 Posts
After you replace the centre muffler with a piece of pipe, be sure to keep the old muffler, just in case you don't like the new noise level.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Centre muffler is a resonator, it will be louder w/o it but have slightly more power. It will 'drone' if driven at speed at a constant velocity, like say 80mph.

Definitely keep your old one until youi are certain you like the new sound.

Any of the 'performance' rear mufflers will give you more noise, though not really any more power.

·
Registered
731 Posts
If you have a standard exhaust, then 2.5" dia mild steel tube I suppose! Otherwise, you want to match whatever you have.

I removed the cat from an old TDI VW I had, and I found a tube manipulation & fabrication shop just around the corner from where I work who made up a pipe for me for very little money (in that case it needed forming to shape). I just gave them the Cat as a pattern to match.

Otherwide, I expect one of the Saab tuners would supply the part, although I would expect that to cost more.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
white93cse said:
So what do you guys recommend replacing the center silencer with?
Stock Saab one will flow good power. Alternative is 3" JT resonator. Go online to Summitt Racing and they have a whole bunch to choose from, just be careful it is not too loud for comfort.

·
Registered
640 Posts
hi there,

what do you guys think - is it possible to fit an exhaust system like in the image below on a 9000 SAAB? OR are there going to be space problems with the second pipe?

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
h910108 said:
Hello, This is my 9-5. Thank you!

This is my fight flight deck...

From Saab 9-5 Teacher Hsia
Welcome to Saab Central.

Certainly seems a lot of gauges, does look a bit like a flight deck. Do tell us what you are watching on all your gauges. Must have been quite a job to wire it all in!

I have an extra oil temp, boost and exhaust gas temp, could imagine adding oil pressure and fuel/air mixture, but would be puzzled what to add next.

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
GEEEZE!!!! Just think of trying to monitor that ****pit! In an airplane you don't need to look outside all the time, but in a car???? Sorry officer, I did not see you, I was monitoring my oil temp...:eek:

Does look like a ****pit:cool: I would not have the patience to wire it all up!

John

·
Registered
35 Posts
In Taiwan, We are matter-of-factly.

In UK, I take on acidulous.

I understood UK's car racing is developed. I envy very much. UK is the advanced countries. Taiwan is inferior to you in something. But cannot reduce me for the saab enthusiasm!

Mr. KevinC , thanks your respect and the care extremely. I am very grateful!

I want to challenge the limit. In Taiwan, Likes saab the people are extremely many. The Taiwan Saab Club member has 9000 people. Browsing people 3,200,000. It is world biggest Chinese language saab discusses website. Holds the meeting regularly.

http://www.saabclub.com.tw/discuss/discuss_a.asp?id1=1

Taiwan's traffic law is very strict. We lack the vehicle racing location. But the auto parts manufacture is extremely developed. Therefore deeply loves the automobile people. Also strives for the government establishes the racing location.

My measuring appliance cannot affect the line of sight. But may grasp the automobile performance comprehensively. Usually I can use the black cloth to cover. Avoids the theft. Also avoids the police inspecting.

Thank you everybody! My English is not good. But your containing, I express the respect!

Hsia

·
Registered
594 Posts
Quote: GEEEZE!!!! Just think of trying to monitor that ****pit! In an airplane you don't need to look outside all the time, but in a car???? Sorry officer, I did not see you, I was monitoring my oil temp...:eek:

Does look like a ****pit:cool: I would not have the patience to wire it all up!"

I suppose you get used to the orientation of the needles for normal operating conditions, and simply glance at them without looking to far from straight ahead. I have stock gages in my Audi that are off my normal line-of-sight that are probably more distracting to read than his are.

And I don't think he cares what John thinks of his set-up. I don't either.

Hsia - Welcome to Saab Central. Thanks for the interest and diversity.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts