SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just picked up a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, and it is a detailing MUST HAVE. I have tried to clean my door kick panels for years, even used an electric scrubber, nothing. 2 swipes with Mr. Clean and its all gone!!!!!. This thing is awesome I was pulling off marks that were years old. It cut right through them. Go Buy These NOW! It's not an option.

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
Excellent. I have a big greasy fingerprint on my glove compartment cover. Will it work on that, do you think?

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Looks like something Tom & Jerry would have. You know, when the mouse rubs the cat out and the giant hand of the cartoonist has to draw him back again. :cheesy:

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
I just bought one of these. Wow!

jrbangi's on to something here. I had the same result - scuff marks on my door panel are gone, and so is the greasy thumb print on my glove compartment. Both these stains have resisted simple green, a weak ammonia solution etc.

I can't figure out how these things work. You just wet them and wring them out and scrub away. I had thought they were soap impregnated, but their cleaning seems all mechanical. But not abraisive either. Magic. Good job Proctor and Gamble.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have been on a fruitless search for a non-acidic way to remove what I can only describe as the punishment for not cleaning my wheels over the winter. 3 of my wheels are clean to my liking, however the 4th will not come clean no matter what I do. It seems almost like the brake dust has adhered itself to the wheel.

This being said, I have been looking at the Mr. Clean Eraser. The warnings state not to use it on things that are glossy or painted if I recall correctly. Have any of you who have used it noticed any problems with the paint? Not that it would look any worse than it does.

Stock brake dust + Greenstuff brake dust + winter + Dupont wheel cleaner = :cry:

Paul

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
It's pretty gentle, but I'm not sure what it would do on paint. Can you try it on a tiny part of the wheel? Personally, I don't think it would really work on crusty stuff like that, but you never know.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I, at my own risk, don't know if other would suggest doing this, but I've had great luck with brake cleaner spray. Alloys are just as shiny as ever and have suffered no ill effects. Built up cruddy dust is gone. Did gently use a green scrubby in conjunction.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got mine at walmart, and to note, now Mr Clean makes , Mr. Clean Wheel and Tire Eraser! Saw them at Walmart in the auto section

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
Volvogirl200 said:
Where do you buy these Mr. Clean erasers at? I looked for them at the store with no luck. They sound great. Thanks.
I got mine at the grocery store in the detergent aisle.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts