SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Saabers,

I have never experienced going into limp home mode but I think I did the other day, my question is how fast can the car go in limp home mode? Keep in mind, I knew something was wrong and didn't try to find out what it could do in that mode.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Not sure how fast....but it might be worth examining to determine if you actually *are* in limp-home mode, and then if so, resetting to get out of it:

best wishes,
David

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure how fast....but it might be worth examining to determine if you actually *are* in limp-home mode, and then if so, resetting to get out of it:

best wishes,
David
Thanks, I was just wondering what it is like to ride in that kind of mode. I won't be doing the reset till I get myself an OBD II reader to be sure there are no other codes, the car is sitting right now waiting for the new PCV #6 update as well as a new oil pan and other small stuff. If the reset is necessary, I will do that. God, I miss driving her.:cry:

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
If the car is sitting why do you think it's in LHM? Did you get the CEL? and what exactly was the car doing (syptoms)? The answer to your question is; if the car is in LHM and you drive it you will get more codes and or the TB will probably need to be changed.

Thanks, I was just wondering what it is like to ride in that kind of mode. I won't be doing the reset till I get myself an OBD II reader to be sure there are no other codes, the car is sitting right now waiting for the new PCV #6 update as well as a new oil pan and other small stuff. If the reset is necessary, I will do that. God, I miss driving her.:cry:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If the car is sitting why do you think it's in LHM? Did you get the CEL? and what exactly was the car doing (syptoms)? The answer to your question is; if the car is in LHM and you drive it you will get more codes and or the TB will probably need to be changed.
Well, if you read my last post regarding the problem I had. Actually I just moved and had no internet for awhile till yesterday. So since the last post, She has been sitting.
After reading some posts about the LHM, I might or might not just realized that I was in a LHM. whats your take on my last post, Saaber95er?

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233441

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
More like a CPS than LHM; if you got no codes. And I didn't see your other thread till today. If you remove the cover on the TB and move the arm with the cable and the metal arm on the side moves with it; you're in LHM if the arm stays stationary when you move the cable arm you're not in LHM.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
More like a CPS than LHM; if you got no codes. And I didn't see your other thread till today. If you remove the cover on the TB and move the arm with the cable and the metal arm on the side moves with it; you're in LHM if the arm stays stationary when you move the cable arm you're not in LHM.
I am still learning the acronyms from this forum, What is CPS? I will check the TB once it stops raining.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just downloaded the WIS from a CD and will see where the CPS is located. So you say the CPS the one that was making the noise? Any other assumptions? If so, I guess that's another new project to go along with the other projects on the list. Parts will come in a week or so along with the OBD II reader.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Since you have a list of item's you're going to do; add vacuum hoses, NGK spark plugs, clean the TB and MAF (mass air flow sensor); you should also do the valve cover gasket to get a look at the top side of the engine. How many miles? Consider an engine flush while the car is sitting so it would clean and drain right before the sump drop. Did you say you were changing the sump or cleaning it? Are you going to this yourself or use a shop?

I just downloaded the WIS from a CD and will see where the CPS is located. So you say the CPS the one that was making the noise? Any other assumptions? If so, I guess that's another new project to go along with the other projects on the list. Parts will come in a week or so along with the OBD II reader.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Since you have a list of item's you're going to do; add vacuum hoses, NGK spark plugs, clean the TB and MAF (mass air flow sensor); you should also do the valve cover gasket to get a look at the top side of the engine. How many miles? Consider an engine flush while the car is sitting so it would clean and drain right before the sump drop. Did you say you were changing the sump or cleaning it? Are you going to this yourself or use a shop?
Doing it all myself. 106k miles. I will change the sump if necessary. I won't be tackling the project till everything is settled down from the move. Seeing her sitting there just hurts me. Any advice or guidance towards this project would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts