SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got one? I've been looking for something to make the gear change a little snappier, more like a car where the shifter goes right into the tranny. Not interested in making it shorter though, but this is adjustable and for $75 it's hard to beat. Any experience or installation stories would be much apperiated (can't spell, curse you American education system :evil: ).

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
I think Finn made his own, took a hack saw to the gearstick I believe :eek:

Its ok cos he used an Abbott hacksaw blade ;)

Do you manual guys have to move the gearstick about then??? :confused:

·
Registered
240 Posts
You might find this interesting. No personal experience, but dip has one for his 900 and made these comments on our local BB after a track day.
The short shifter proved itself utterly useless with reverse lockout intact. More even, the ball kept working itself loose, adding extra sloppiness to the shifter feel. The gearshift linkage was also totaly messed up by the end of the day, after a couple of guest drivers. I rebuilt it today, added a new washer on the other side to firm it up and re-aligned everything. Also installed the stock shifter back on.

If anyone wants the MP adjustable shifter, it's yours for $60 CAD. Excellent condition, with a locking screw and ball bearings at the base. Just consider that you will have to remove the reverse lockout and put the ball on Loctite for proper effect. It will also fit the 9-3 and perhaps the 9-5 too.
I hope I didn't misquote / misrepresent him. But he'll likely be along shortly to clarify if I did :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
I think Finn made his own, took a hack saw to the gearstick I believe :eek:
I took the Finn route as well and hacked down my stick (only a little). I added a new shift knob that sits at least 1.5" further down than stock and salvaged the reverse lockout. The leverage point obviously hasn't been changed but it has a slightly shorter through withough messing around with the tranny connection.

Joe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts