SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MP Performance has yet to contact me about my order that I placed on Wednesday of last week. Anybody ever dealt with them before or have any ideas as to why they might not be able to respond to me or my questions. I am order number 5 from their new site so I don't think that they would be backed up or anything. Not mad at them or anything just was wondering as to when I can expect to receive what I bought?

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
MP has gotten a bad rap for slow shipping before, but there's a legit reason this week: The guys drove cross-country from Colorado to attend the huge import car meet at Carlisle, PA. They left Tuesday or Wednesday....

I'd say that entitles them to some slack being cut! :D

·
Registered
483 Posts
Give those guys a Break they are working there asses off. And the reason you havent gotten a response is because they drove all the way from colorado to come to carlisle. And it will probabaly take them about 3 days to get back, its about 1700 miles.

So thats why you have to do what I did, and you go to the Show, go Right up to Chris and say hey do you have an intercooler with you for sale, and he goes Yep got one right in the trunk. I say great, he shows it to me, I say ok let me go find an ATM...30 minutes later I walk away with a brand new intercooler:D:D:D Now I just need to get the Hoses for it.:roll:

But seriously Chris and Eric are awesome and they are just a 2 guys trying to serve a growing saab enthusiats population, so even tho it may take a little longer to get your parts, rest assured it will be worth the wait, and if you have any problems they will be happy to help you out the best they can

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ordered a part from Ireland and it arived within 10 days which is remarkable for any post from outside Ireland let alone a rear sway bar from USA. I wil use them again.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
i think you should just be patient, they are on their way back to colorado from PA... i must say guys like this that will drive forever to go to a show half the way across the US to meet and greet people are deffinately good business. We even helped Matthew B to put in his NEW MP IC at the show, helped a couple guys from saablink put in steering rack clamps and braces, as well as put a rear sway bar on RCM DESIGN's car before he left for his trip home.

All in all everyone got to see what MP is all about, and the happiness people we see on people's faces, when these new parts are installed.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Aside from everyone else's comments, I was talking to Eric on Saturday at the show and he said that apparently there was a problem with the new website, where the online ordering function is still in "test" mode, meaning that it just sort of "practices" taking the orders but they don't go through. He simply couldn't go about fixing it while he was in PA. Either way, I'm sure that these guys will get back to you as soon as they return to Colorado.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
They're 0 for 3 on my orders right now. None of the three were sent out on time. Yes, I am satisfied with the products, and yes they are good prices. This is why I'm not more mad. When I ordered the downpipe, I actually ordered it a bit early, because I didn't expect it on time.

I know about how they are a small company and all that, but a little bit more communication would be good. For example a not on the site or an email saying that they are out of town and that the order will be delayed a few days would make a big difference.

·
Registered
218 Posts
i ordered the mbc+a last monday, received it last thursday, that is the only thing that i ordered from them and i am very satisfied with the shipping time

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea i think it would have been nice to know that they were going out of town for a while. That would have definitely been information worth writing a little note about on their site. I'm not mad or trying to be a butthole about it. I was just curious. Sorry that I am not their personal stalker and happen to know EVERYTHING about what they are doing. IE when they are eating dinner, when they are taking a shower, when they are taking a crap, going on a trip etc....:confused:

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
blackicewap said:
Sorry that I am not their personal stalker and happen to know EVERYTHING about what they are doing. IE when they are eating dinner, when they are taking a shower, when they are taking a crap, going on a trip etc....:confused:
HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!! LMFAO!!!!!!

·
Registered
483 Posts
UMMM it is posted on there website and had been for atleast 2 months now. Its in the lower left corner that says upcoming events, and if you click it, it brings you to a page that describes the events,

I understand oredering somthing that costs a bit of money and not getting it quickly can get anoying, but you really have to give these 2 guys some slack. I mean It is something special when a company comes out to an event like carlisle and socializes with everyone, just like normal people. If it werent for the Mp Performance shirts Chris and Eric were wearing, you wouldnt know the difference between them and anyother saab owner at the event.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Yes it does say that on the page, but that's a stretch to say that a customer should take that info and infer that they will be at the show and their buisiness is more or less shut down while they are gone...

·
Registered
576 Posts
MP is worth waiting for...

If it weren't for MPPerformance everyone would just be complaining that there aren't any performance parts in their price range. Like everyone has mentioned this is 2, actually 3, guys putting out GREAT hardware, and soon to be software at more than reasonable prices. If shipping takes a little longer than other places, it's not because they headed for Mexico. Small shops can't carry a huge inventory. High overhead causes prices to go up. That means sometimes they have to wait for parts and supplies, which means we in turn wait for parts. I would rather wait an extra month than have to pay twice as much for the same part from another company. Just think of where the Saab world, or your money, would be without MP.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I would rather do all of the things you mentioned as well, train. But I would sure like a simple email or telephone to tell us what's up!

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
stromer personally i dont understand y u still complain after u say three times they havent made shipping on time, but u dont mind it???? that doesnt make sense:roll:

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I'm saying that because of the above mentioned reasons, ie: price, quality, helping a small company, etc. I'm not mad. In other words I'm not so mad that I wouldn't order from them again. But I see no reason why they can't improve their communication.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I guess i should mention they do make great products. (my first post was after a looooong day) Chris is a great guy and has helped me out with a few things in the past.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts