SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have pictures of the Mp IC installed with the bumper on? I just wanna see how it looks before I decide to modify my intanks on my IC I have now. Or go for the MP.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks very nice! I ordered mine today. :)

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Mine will be in within a month. :cheesy:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For someone whos done the install. Is all the piping the right size compaired to the stock piping? I remember reading somewhere that the intercooler piping was 2.5in and the stock hoses were 2.3 or something. If this is the case looks like I'll be fabbing some stainless piping with silicone connectors for my piping. :roll: I'm hesistant to do so because of heat transfer.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
BlinD said:
For someone whos done the install. Is all the piping the right size compaired to the stock piping? I remember reading somewhere that the intercooler piping was 2.5in and the stock hoses were 2.3 or something. If this is the case looks like I'll be fabbing some stainless piping with silicone connectors for my piping. :roll: I'm hesistant to do so because of heat transfer.
Your viggen has the hoses you'll need. The NG's have some difficulty due to the double pass IC but cars that come staock with the viggen IC will connect perfectly. No worries.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds good. Thanks SPATL. :p

Cant wait for friday lol.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
SPATL, when you say cars with factory cross flow will fit better, do you mean the diameter of the hose? Obviously, cars factory equipped with the dual pass won't work well with the cross-flow style. But I got new hoses to fit my Viggen I/C. I shouldn't have any trouble with the MP unit, correct?

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I think the main problem is that going to the cross flow from the single pass is that the turbos with the cross flow (viggens/se's) have their outlit from the turbo pointed higher than the gt17s and t25s which makes it hard to get the hose onto those turbos. What you can do is take off the turbo and grind off the little nub that locates the direction of the outlet so you can point the outlet anywhere you want.

Hope that makes sense.

·
Registered
283 Posts
The other problem is that the MP inlet and outlet pipes on the intercooler are a little bit larger diameter than the factory intercooler hoses. Because of this, it can be a challenge to get the intercooler hoses to stretch over the endtank pipes. I suggest soapy water.

I had a harder time that others because I beaded the ends of my intercooler which made the difference in diameters even greater - but hey, I still managed to get my hoses to fit over the endtanks.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
JABM said:
The other problem is that the MP inlet and outlet pipes on the intercooler are a little bit larger diameter than the factory intercooler hoses.
Ah, this is the info I was looking for. I'll be ready to wrestle with them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts