SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i did some searching and couldnt find and answer to this very recent question.
I have wanted a 3in dp for a long time but i just was thinking would it fit onto your stock exhaust system it being 2 inches?

Another quick question i have a auto 1999 9-3 se and now have 200 000 km would it be appropriate to shoot for a stage 3 setup or would i run into to many problems with things breaking.. if so then what is an appropriate everyday car hp goal.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I beleive that your dp will bolt right up to your exhaust, but I'd go for a saabsport while you're at it.

This is always a tough question about whether a car can take mods. If you beleive your car to be in good mechanical condition and to have been well serviced than go for it. There are many modded higher mileage cars on this forum that run great.

·
Registered
9,423 Posts
My car has 106,000 miles so I know what you're thinking. I just added a viggen IC this spring and a 3inch dp a few weeks back. It just depends on how well the car has been taken care of. As for the dp, it fits into the stock exhaust, which is 2.5 inches. All the sport exhaust does is gets rid of the center muffler and replaces the stock muffler w/ a free-er flowing one. You can fit an aftermarket muffler to the back and swap in a glasspack for the center muffler and get the same effect. The 3.0 dp reduces down to 2.5 in order to fit the stock and saabsport exhausts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts