SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 98 NG900 Stage 3 turbo has to go. £70 a week in fuel for my new job is way too much.

So I bought a 52 9-3 2.2 Tid (last of the NG900 bodyshape).

Is it worth taking the ~9 month old Konis off all around and refitting to the 9-3? I know the springs are not a direct swap and I'm not fussed - but firm damping is good. Will they work with standard springs? Will NG900 Konis fit the 9-3!

I could leave them on the NG, but I won't get back much money on them that way. 175000 miles and 13 years old isn't going to get a deal of money. The struts on the front want replacing (rust in spring seats).

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Technically the fronts wont fit, however, if i think you can swap the entire strut (steering knuckle and all) and it will be ok. In my opinion it would be worth it, then you can use the whole kit as well.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
for the right price id be more then happy to buy your koni lowering springs.
It's a long journey to fetch them! :D

I think I'll advertise the car as-is and see what happens. The suspension is almost worth more than the car now :roll:

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Technically the fronts wont fit, however, if i think you can swap the entire strut (steering knuckle and all) and it will be ok. In my opinion it would be worth it, then you can use the whole kit as well.

Are you sure? I thought it was just the springs that are different? :confused:

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
according to the websites the parts are different

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
OK thanks :)

Fronts different, rears the same. I'll advertise with the complete set - it'll just spoil both cars if I split it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts