SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wondering if there is a difference in the accessories mounting holes on the 9000 2.3T block. i know that the a/c unit is mounted where the power steering pump normally goes on 9000 blocks. is it just a bracket that changes the position or is the block holes actually in different places.

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
to fit a 9000 engine to your car you will need to strip it right down to just the crank case with the head on, every thing else is differant, so all your ansilleries, including the timing chain cover and sump will need to be swopped over

edit: depending on the age of your car the head could also be differant where the inlet manifold bolts to it

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Box i am talking about the whole motor.... U can swap the whole motor into the car.. i have seen an ng in person with a 9000 2.3l turbo in it

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
.........and it was still cheaper than a you-know-what.................:)

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
Short block 2.3 from a 9000 aero retro fitted into a 900 talladega? then tuned to over 300bhp

here's the beasty

Probably the best 900 [any type] in the world ;)

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Ah, a t5 Viggen. A dream for many.

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
ricot83 said:
Box i am talking about the whole motor.... U can swap the whole motor into the car.. i have seen an ng in person with a 9000 2.3l turbo in it

i am also talking about useing the hole motor but the timing cover and the sump pan are differant so need to be swopped

·
Registered
9,423 Posts
Seems more spacious under there b/c of the brake equipment on the near firewall. Is that a rhd thing I guess? I never noticed the difference in Haynes.

BTW, doesn't Nordic have a 380 or 390 hp stage 6 option? Not like I'd refuse to drive a 900 w/ a paltry 300 hp, though.:cheesy:

·
Registered
525 Posts
ricot83 said:
What about the transmission? Will a 9-3 gearbox bolt on to this engine?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts