SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've begun to feel some vibration when running up to about 3000rpm and above lately.

My other symptom is that 2nd will not engage smoothly when shifting unless I wait until the revs drop to idle. I was thinking its the syncros in 2nd but I've double clutched it and unless the revs drop to idle it still doesn't engage nicely.

I know its getting colder around here so it takes longer for the tranny fluid to warm up and lubricate.

It doesn't make a grinding noise but I'd say the engine is moving between shifts and not engaging gears smoothly.

The car is a 92' 900S 2.1 with 162k. Would this be a symptom of worn motor mounts or what>?

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
Sounds plausible - motor mounts are an easy fix, too - just jack up the front of the engine and replace.

To test - open hood, set handbrake, start car. Hold brake down hard and heel toe the throttle in first to try and start the car moving feathering the clutch until it starts to struggle. If you see the engine move more than just a little bit when you let off the clutch, your front mount may be toast.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'll give that a try later today. I'm thinking I need to find a friend watch..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts