SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have aftermarket Motor Mounts installed on their 2.8T? If so, where did you purchase them from? Trying to find the best option

Thanx

·
Registered
264 Posts
Ditto

I would like polyurethane motor mounts as there is a lot of flex when you get on it (saw it at the dyno).

Hell I can't even find an engine torque damper.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
What's wrong with the oem mounts? I haven't seen anyone post breaking them.
If they are weak I'll find out soon enough with the way my auto tranny shifts:roll:

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I want less torque steer/wheel hop. Basically for better traction/control @ full power from a low speed/stop.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes... but it'll be alot more stable won't it? As far as putting your foot to the floor from a low speed/stop.

·
Registered
193 Posts
have you tried looking on energy suspensions website?

or just go to a local autoparts store and buy a tube of '3m window weld' get under the car are fill the mounts, just as effective.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
have you tried looking on energy suspensions website?

or just go to a local autoparts store and buy a tube of '3m window weld' get under the car are fill the mounts, just as effective.
Where would I look for prices? Is it better to get filler or to get whole new mounts to prevent wheel hop/improve traction off the line?

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Where would I look for prices? Is it better to get filler or to get whole new mounts to prevent wheel hop/improve traction off the line?

Hmmm....I don't get any wheel hop. Just spins thru first gear. Perhaps it's a tire or suspension issue.
I'm guessing you are Vtuned or BSR'd? Stock form doesn't spin the tires at all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts