SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read every thread here about them and after a while they all seem to get a bit garbled - so can someone please answer me these simple questions:

FYI - I have an 07 with premium audio/bose so I'm assuming it's pre-wired.

1.) Should I install the IHF1000 or a Parrot hands-free? I would like a LCD display AND audio announce. From what I have read the IHF1000 announces calls, but has no display. The Parrot model has the display, but doesn't announce. Is there another brand I should be looking at?

2.) Will any bluetooth phone work with either kit? I have Verizon and the LG 2nd edition Slider phone.

3.) An adapter harness must be purchased. Which one? Are the 07s different than 03-06s?

4.) The Motorola IHF1000 seems quite popular. How do you know you have the newer version that doesn't have the mute problem?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
138 Posts
I just bought and received the parrot 3200 LS color kit with QCHBB-GM3 amplified adapter kit from quickconnectproducts.com.

I have the Bose system and this kit is made specifically for that system. I had the parrot 3100 in my '03, and liked it. It would ring (different ring tone than phone) through the car audio system and mute the stereo.
These kits should work with any bluetooth phone, but the synchronization with phone's phone book may not work for all phones. I have the PDA phone made by UTstarcomm XV6700 on the Verizon network. Not sure how this will work yet.
What I liked about this set-up is it is plug and play and has fine tune pots on the amplifier to fine tune the audio. My past experience with BT HF kits and my '03 was very poor audio through the car speakers because of impedance or audio level mismatches. I had to use a seperate speaker. Really don't want to go that route this time round!
This kit plugs into the back of the head unit, and requires that you remove the front airvent to get the radio out (from reading posts on this forum).
It also requires switched 12V which I plan on getting off of the 12V socket at the shelf under the ACC
Not sure if the prewiring is there for TEL1 on the '07. Regardless, I think unless you have the right connector on your BT HF car kit, that you will need to splice into the prewiring if it is there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
253 Posts
joemama said:
I've read every thread here about them and after a while they all seem to get a bit garbled - so can someone please answer me these simple questions:

FYI - I have an 07 with premium audio/bose so I'm assuming it's pre-wired.

1.) Should I install the IHF1000 or a Parrot hands-free? I would like a LCD display AND audio announce. From what I have read the IHF1000 announces calls, but has no display. The Parrot model has the display, but doesn't announce. Is there another brand I should be looking at?

2.) Will any bluetooth phone work with either kit? I have Verizon and the LG 2nd edition Slider phone.

3.) An adapter harness must be purchased. Which one? Are the 07s different than 03-06s?

4.) The Motorola IHF1000 seems quite popular. How do you know you have the newer version that doesn't have the mute problem?
I also have an '07 with Blowz audio...

a) yes you are pre-wired
2) I'm sure the answer to ANY phone is NO (simple statistics :) ), but the real answer is that if your phone doesn't work, its probably a freak phone and worth throwing out anyway. If your phone is already proven to work with a BT headset, I'd say your odds increase to 99.99%.
3) you can buy the same harness referenced in the other threads. The connector is located just inside the passenger footwell panel, tho the cord has very little play in it
4) read the IHF thread, get the production #'s that knitz has posted and verify before you buy with the seller.

Given the interest in these systems, your only downside (probably) is buying a unit, worst case finding an issue unique to your situation, and selling it for a $20-$30 loss to some other member. Odds are 98% that won't happen.

Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
zim2dive said:
I also have an '07 with Blowz audio...

a) yes you are pre-wired
2) I'm sure the answer to ANY phone is NO (simple statistics :) ), but the real answer is that if your phone doesn't work, its probably a freak phone and worth throwing out anyway. If your phone is already proven to work with a BT headset, I'd say your odds increase to 99.99%.
3) you can buy the same harness referenced in the other threads. The connector is located just inside the passenger footwell panel, tho the cord has very little play in it
4) read the IHF thread, get the production #'s that knitz has posted and verify before you buy with the seller.

Given the interest in these systems, your only downside (probably) is buying a unit, worst case finding an issue unique to your situation, and selling it for a $20-$30 loss to some other member. Odds are 98% that won't happen.

Mike
2.) that's what I thought, but I heard Verizon locks certain features out. I'd hate to buy it then find out it doesn't work. Is there a way to try it BEFORE installing the unit?

3.) I was confused by all the posts. Does anyone have a link to the exact harness I should buy?

4.) I did see that just got posted. The problem is eBay users are not getting back to me. It's any model number where the last letter is K or higher -"98676K", correct???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
253 Posts
joemama said:
2.) that's what I thought, but I heard Verizon locks certain features out. I'd hate to buy it then find out it doesn't work. Is there a way to try it BEFORE installing the unit?

3.) I was confused by all the posts. Does anyone have a link to the exact harness I should buy?

4.) I did see that just got posted. The problem is eBay users are not getting back to me. It's any model number where the last letter is K or higher -"98676K", correct???
2) seen reports that Verizon does not support integration with contact list (they are notorious for crippling their phones). I haven't tried using my contact list with the IHF1000.. I simply programmed in several voice #'s and have used that. I'm not sure my pocket pc has the concept of contact #'s (ie. contact #1, contact #2) the way that dedicated phones do, so I'm not sure what a quick dial will do for me anyway. Someone else will have to chime in on that.

3)http://www.genuinesaab.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=44_45&products_id=233

4) fleabay is as fleabay does :) When you bargain hunt you can't count on as good of service :( but generally I did hear back from sellers when asking questions.. best to find an auction early and ask, or the buy-it-now's, but their sales volume may be too high. Honestly with the 07 and Premium audio, I have yet to experience any symptoms of the "test mute" problem.

Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
zim2dive said:
3)http://www.genuinesaab.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=44_45&products_id=233

4) fleabay is as fleabay does :) When you bargain hunt you can't count on as good of service :( but generally I did hear back from sellers when asking questions.. best to find an auction early and ask, or the buy-it-now's, but their sales volume may be too high. Honestly with the 07 and Premium audio, I have yet to experience any symptoms of the "test mute" problem.

Mike
3.) I thought it was that, but it list 03-06 and no 07s.

4.) How long have you been using it? One member, Saab Newbie, said his mad the mute problem, although he has an 03. Does that problem go away on the 2007s?
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top