SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I looked up the 3 followed by 7 flashes of the "check engine" light when i turn on the eletrics of the car. and it points to a 'manifold temp sensor' and 'adaptation'.

what does adaptation refer to? is it likley to be being caused by the manifold sensor problem?

thanks!!

-T

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Earthworm, thanks for the response, i think you may have commented on the previous hread i ran about this problem.

the flashes i speak of are the flashes of the "check engine" light whilst the cars electrics are turned on but not the ignition. When the ignition is on the "check engine" light comes on all the time, no flashing.

I found a page on this site explaining that the pattern of 3 then 7 flashes reffred to the temp sensor and the "adaptation" as metioned above.

I imagine the car has OBDII but i dont know, as far as i know the car runs fine though i had only driven it a short while before the warning lights began. it has 114K miles.

would i need access to diagnostic equipment to be able to use the list you provided a link for?

Thanks!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts