SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this things going to drive my crazy

it won't start, cranks over fine but won't start.
The fuel pump runs when cranking. I removed the dic, saw a crack and smelled burnt, but installed a plug to test for spark and saw none, so I ordered a repacement off ebay.
I just installed the replacement and still no start. There is no spark. I tipped a little gas into the throttle body and no spit and sputtering. The fuel pumps running. Theres power at the ignition fuses.
The dic is new (used), new battery, new cps

I assume the dic gets 12V and ground, and four firing pulses, where can I check for power and ground, anyone have a pinout of the dic connector?
Where does this power come from? ignition switch? range switch? is there an ignition relay involved?

It seems strange, but the fuel pump keeps on running after I stop cranking but the key is still on, shouldn't the fuel pump stop when the engine stops turning over? (it doesn't come on when the ignition's turned on, only when cranking)

Help!

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
Grounded the shell of the DIC or did you ground the threads of the plugs? I think that you could possibley damage a DIC by having only one plug inserted. I would have all four plug inserted int he DIC and ground each plug with a bare wire connected to a ground on the block.

Also, does the tach move when cranking the engine? If not, many say that a bad CPS willl cause that... Ron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts