SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
maybe this (the 9-4x) is where we'll see some 9-3x/9-x action. i'm hoping for a crossover that doesn't look like an suv.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I really like this part of the article: "and shared with a new Cadillac crossover-ute"

Why? Because if it is a joint effort with Cadillac, a lot more money will probably be available for r&d to make it a true premium vehicle.

Or am I wrong to assume this?

·
Premium Member
31,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope you're right. Besides, a Saab/Caddy joint development would ensure no weird Subaru interior traits (read: 9-6X) that Saab has to either modify or live with ! I for one totally welcome long-term Saab/Cadillac cooperation as they each would highly benefit by leveraging the strengths of the other partner at the same time as developing and reinforcing stronger global and domestic identities.

·
Registered
38 Posts
i still dont understand why they dont try to develop a coupe form of the 9-3 with the new v-6 :cry: . seems like can make money, although dont know how much more it would cost to develop, although they already have the convertible developed. is it that difficult to convert?

·
Registered
442 Posts
They should develop the 9-7X using the SRX instead of Trailblazer from day 1. The moment after I test drove an SRX V8, I quickly realize Caddy is coming back and GM knows how to built great car. Plus crossover segment expands very quickly, its stupid GM forced Saab to use Trailblazer platform.:nono;

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
I was really hoping they would build a sports coupe. :cry:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts