SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
couple things guys....

1) ok, i keep getting the P1312 ignition/misfire code still after changing the plugs. also note that the exhaust came apart at the end of the flex pipe, so it's emptying under the middle of the car now. very loud, kind of cool, but annoying. would this be something that could cause the misfire?

2) does the car go into limp home mode ANY time the CEL goes on? and does it stay in limp home mode for any period of time/mileage after the CEL has gone off?

thanks again.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
jretta91 said:
couple things guys....

1) ok, i keep getting the P1312 ignition/misfire code still after changing the plugs. also note that the exhaust came apart at the end of the flex pipe, so it's emptying under the middle of the car now. very loud, kind of cool, but annoying. would this be something that could cause the misfire?

2) does the car go into limp home mode ANY time the CEL goes on? and does it stay in limp home mode for any period of time/mileage after the CEL has gone off?

thanks again.
The exhaust has nothing to do with any misfire- it has been said that open exhaust will lead to burned exhaust valves, something about overly abrupt temperature changes..

And only 5 years on the exhaust ??
You must be commuting to the Siberian salt mines..

The CEL is for monitoring the engine emissions; this will light when a parameter is "bottomed" out.
The system can be overly sensitive to minute voltage changes.. due to resistance..
Drive a day or two and see if the CEL extinguishes.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it has gone out on it's own, but the last time it came on, i had it cleared. both times when i went to check it, there was only that one code and it was activated just once. also worth noting is that the CEL only comes on upon starting the car. it will never come on when i'm in the middle of driving. but so far it's been off for about 50 miles (crosses fingers). and yea the mileage is pretty high for the year... 120k.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts