SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I've just spent hours reading everything I could on ABS problems. It seems that mine is slightly different.
My Saab is a 2001 (2002MY) 51 plate Aero estate.
Having been on holiday for a fortnight I came back yesterday and at the 1st start I had ESP off, Hazard, Brake and ABS warning lights all on.
Additionally, my fuel consumption dropped from 29.7 (normal) way down to 26 within 50 miles. Also the SID Distance to empty is frozen at 136 miles, even after a refuel to full. Just after starting I get a single warning chime, but no indication on the SID.
The speedo works perfectly!
I suspect that it is ABS module related but until I get the codes checked tomorrow at my local indie, I'm flummoxed.
Any suggestions?

Thanks

Colin

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spot on Kermit

That's what I love about this forum, there's always someone who can help with a problem.
Went to my Indie yesterday, he put on the Tech II and diagnosed a front LH wheel sensor.
£37.50 plus labour - what a relief.

Colin

P.S. When I listed the symptoms, I hadn't noticed that the mileometer wasn't working even though the speedo was fully functional.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A quick update

Went to the indie to have the wheel sensor fitted.
He fitted the sensor, then ran the cable up to the loom connector behind the battery and discovered the cause of the fault.
A mouse/mice had set up home behind the battery and had started to eat their way through the cabling.
Luckily they only chewed the sensor cable and a couple of earth cables. Would have been much worse if they'd chewed on the loom side of the connector.
I won't park my car in that hotel car park again!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts