SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a set of Moog inner tie rod bushings today, part K6677. At 108,000 miles, my originals were cracked, and they allowed all sorts of movement. The Moogs are a two-piece design, so you press the old ones out (I used two sockets and a vise), push one new bushing in from each side, and slide a metal sleeve in the middle. The bushings themselves are made by RAMCOA, who I hadn't heard of before, but the material's sort of like polyurethane, and they seem to be well made. The whole kit was $16.99 from O'Reilly's, and includes bolts, washers, the large plate that goes in front of the tie rods, and the lock plate. The tie rods are much tighter now, and the steering feels tighter. There's almost no slop in the system now, but I do also have a steering rack clamp and brace. Overall, for the short amount of time it took to install them and the improvement it's made, I definitely recommend them.

·
Registered
57 Posts
tie rod

took the car for wheel aligment and was told that the inner tie rod were gone... they wanted over 200 cnd dollars to change them. I went online found this kit and the install was faily easy and the quality from this kit seems to be really good so I believe they won't need change for another 230 000kms unless I bang the steering components in the future and I end up bending the inner tie rods themselves

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just replaced my tie rod bushings with this kit (or similar) in hopes to correct a dead zone in my steering that occurs when I am at highway speeds. The install was tight but went smoothly. I used a small puller to remove the old bushings. I would suggest visiting genuinesaab.com and reading the reviews for their replacement bushings kit, there I found some helpful tips.

-Ed

2001 Viggen Convertible

1 - 3 of 3 Posts