SaabCentral Forums banner

401 - 407 of 407 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Alright, I looked through them and the only error the Saab software is getting is an RX timeout. There's no other obvious red flags.

I'm afraid I can't tell you any more except that I guess it doesn't work. Do you have any issues with the GM software using "emulator OTHER.exe"? Can that communicate with your Chevy? If it can't, then there must be some problem with Drewtech's drivers and Tech2Win 2.336. I would ask them for advice.
I swapped the emulator files back to the original and my GM bin is now communicating with the Chevy truck while still showing a vbatt 80 error.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all, been watching this thread for a few weeks now and went ahead and bought a Mongoose clone for £80ish. It had some good reviews with regards to reliability and I can't justify spending £200+ on an MDI/Tech2 clone that may be hit and miss.

I have the same VBATT ERROR:80 as the previous poster though not too sure how much of a problem that actually is (I can see on the official mongoose set up instructions that their screenshots also have a red pin in tech2win).

I have tried various configurations of VM and native, different versions of tech2win and various bin files. I currently have a modded tech2win version, which is meant to work with saab 148.bin and has the licence crack applied, working in native and speaking to the GTIS in VMware. However, I have tried various versions of tech2win with various bin files, all in VMware and all in native windows 7.

All the software appears to be working correctly (saab globaltis is speaking with tech2win - mongoose cable works with the J2534 toolbox) but the cable won't speak to the car through tech2win. I have tried on an vauxhall insignia 2011 and a saab 93 2009 using various opel and saab bins.

As I can pull info, DTC's etc from the insignia using the J2534 toolbox it seems though the cable and drivers are fine. I can also select the cable in tech2win so I assume that the tech2win driver is working. As I say, I can also update security to tech2win with GTIS.

Really stumped as to why tech2win wont communicate with the car with the cable. Any suggestions?

I was also looking for a working link to Opel GTIS v32 if anyone has it as i'd like to try the original set up that TXSAAB has got working but I can't find it anywhere that has a reasonable download speed (currently trying with a link that appears will take around 7 days to download!!!).

I am desperate to get this working and get my precious SAAB ttid on the road again, need to marry an ECU.

Much appreciated!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm inclined to chalk it up to an issue with the mongoose clone. This is under the assumption that SAAB uses a different communication protocol then my GM truck. I'm stuck and considering other options.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, thanks for the response. I'd have hoped it would work with the OPEL/Vauxhall but I've had no luck there either, with tech2win, despite the fact that it will work with the j2534 software. Bummer that the j2534 toolbox seems to be limited to reading DTCs.

Anyone aware of any other j2534 software that is able to reprogram modules?

·
Registered
3 Posts
A link to globaltis v32 would be great as well. Want to give it a try with tech2win and a vauxhall insignia.

·
Registered
556 Posts
My conclusion at this moment is that a MongoosePro GM II clone is a waste of money, as they don't work with Tech2Win.
I hope somebody can figure out why not, and gets the clones working with Tech2Win

401 - 407 of 407 Posts