SaabCentral Forums banner

381 - 400 of 419 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I think I have everything working Tech2win and Global TIS both with security access. It seems like it should be simple but what bin file do I need and where can I get it. I've been reading a ton and was looking for saab nao 9.25 and cant find it.

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
I think I have everything working Tech2win and Global TIS both with security access. It seems like it should be simple but what bin file do I need and where can I get it. I've been reading a ton and was looking for saab nao 9.25 and cant find it.
This is my copy hosted on box.com

Let me know of any issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thank You AVguy, I got the saab nao 9.25 and everything looks to be working properly. The problem I'm having is when I connect the Mongoose to either my 05 or 03 9-3 and try to do any diagnostics I'm getting the following message:
"I-bus missing Tech2 cannot contact CIM via Pin 1 of DLC" DLC is the OBDII connector under dash. I have used this same cable with the GM NAO bin to diagnose my 2012 Silverado and it worked perfectly.

From googling around it looks like this problem is usually caused by a bad Candi module on a regular Tech 2. I'm thinking the Mongoose Single Wire Can communication on pin 1 is not working and does not cause issues with the Silverado because it doesn't use that protocol.

Any suggestions appreciated. Anyone in Syracuse NY area willing to share a known good interface cable for troubleshooting..

I'm running drew tech driver 1.0.0.40

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've followed this thread only very loosely, but I think I've solved the root problem, which was a bug in Tech2Win. Please try it with your Mongeese because I don't have one.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've followed this thread only very loosely, but I think I've solved the root problem, which was a bug in Tech2Win. Please try it with your Mongeese because I don't have one.

I was beyond excited to see this post. Working on getting it setup on my Windows 7 VM and will definitely let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I was beyond excited to see this post. Working on getting it setup on my Windows 7 VM and will definitely let you know how it goes.
Ok so I was able to download and install on a Win 7 VM but it was running so slow I was having problems. I
Decided to rebuild the PC with Win 7 native. Got laptop rebuilt and went to download the software again and it has been removed. Would be grateful if it can be reloaded somewhere.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ok so I was able to download and install on a Win 7 VM but it was running so slow I was having problems. I
Decided to rebuild the PC with Win 7 native. Got laptop rebuilt and went to download the software again and it has been removed. Would be grateful if it can be reloaded somewhere.
Whoops, yeah. I deleted the old file to add some stuff to the README, then found I couldn't edit the post to put it back. Trying to get it straightened out with Diggs, but I imagine he's a bit busy today :) Part of the reason was to update that it actually works just fine on Windows XP.

Anyway, here should be the new link. I am worried about the screen you show, that's some error deep inside the Tech 2 software. Was the emulator warning you about speed problems? Additionally, if you hover over the pushpin next to the lock on the bottom right, it will sometimes show warnings and errors (it always turns yellow for warnings for me, but I've never seen it red before). If you don't get it working on Windows 7 native, tell me what that pushpin says.

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
That is great to hear that XP will work. That will make it easier to test. I should be able to test with the VCX Nano in a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
It was warning me about slow computer speed. Glad to hear it works on XP as I have a good xp laptop setup. I will get it going on the xp rig and give it another shot. I will monitor the pushpin and let you know what its doing.

·
Registered
37 Posts
It was warning me about slow computer speed. Glad to hear it works on XP as I have a good xp laptop setup. I will get it going on the xp rig and give it another shot. I will monitor the pushpin and let you know what its doing.
Working on my xp got it installed. In the car still getting no ibus. Hovering over the red pin get "vbatt error-80"

·
Registered
52 Posts
Also can not communicate with the vehicle in global tis
Can you use your Mongoose as a J2534 pass-thru device in GlobalTIS for SPS? IIRC my MDI was able to detect the car and read information about a module in TIS2000 without having Tech2Win working.

Regarding the vbatt error, it looks like Tech2Win got an Invalid Parameter response from the Mongoose PDU-API driver. The driver must be confused at some other things too and failing to communicate. You are trying on a 2003+ 9-3, yes? There is a detailed log file in the Logs folder in the configuration directory I describe in the README, and it may provide some clues, if you could share it. But this might ultimately be a question for Drewtech, or some incorrect configuration in their driver.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ok so still have vbatt 80 error on both xp and win 7. The xp setup with your modified t2w and the gm nao bin doesn't nwork on my chevy any more it cant co municate with the vehicle. I attached a couple of logs.
Tech2Win should have created its own logs in its configuration directory. I would like to see those too. Those Mongoose logs confuse me; it's all J2534 and not PDU-API. And I'm not that surprised that the GM bin doesn't work anymore. It's a shame though, but I don't really have any way to test it.

Does the unmodified "emulator OTHER.exe" do this same stuff?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Back here after some time as my car needs some 'improvements'. To respond quickly here a few of my impressions:
As we know how many americans tinker around with their cars here a few explanations how it works really-and not:
  • CanDi and GlobalTIS works on from 2006 Opel, and 2007 Saab, CanDi used on prior 07 Saab destroys the control units. 145.000 was the latest binary for Tech2 accessed Saab's up to the year 2006
  • GM MDI works for 2007 onward GM and SAAB cars, also the 9-5 NG 2009-2011 but not on prior 07 Saab
  • Tis2Web works not on WinXP as XP does not support 64bit applications.
  • VMware with XP emulator works not on 64bit Win7 Computers
  • TIS2000 is winxp software on does not work on Win7-64 computers. On Win7_32 yes with emulator.
  • ALL of this software was made for Win- XP, -Vista and -Win7. None of them was coded for 64bit computers.
  • None of this software works on win 8/10 computers as this os not existed as the software was coded.
  • NAO means NorthAmericanOperations, this was depending due to GM divided their target markets. And still do. Software/bin-files named as NAO is not intended to work on GCC, Euro and/or Asia/Pacific marketed cars.
When I was confronted with these dependencies it was clear to me that for a clean solution something better was needed. Since I always preferred linux over windows I tested if this already old software would run in the windows emulator under Linux. And look, it worked!

About which moongoose adaptor was here referred? The old or the new? The ISO/CAN or the GM 2?

Can some pls upload all the software listed on paige 4 to mediafire or a similar hoster as this crappy mega
tells me that my main harddrive is full as im using a "root" as main partition on linux and "home" for downloads
and external programs. Thank you

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm not sure where you got this information. A lot of it is incorrect.

• CanDi and GlobalTIS works on from 2006 Opel, and 2007 Saab, CanDi used on prior 07 Saab destroys the control units. 145.000 was the latest binary for Tech2 accessed Saab's up to the year 2006
  • GM MDI works for 2007 onward GM and SAAB cars, also the 9-5 NG 2009-2011 but not on prior 07 Saab
CANDi works fine on and is required for lots of pre-2007 SAABs. I did most of my testing on a 2003 9-3 with 148.000 and no control units were destroyed? I used both a real Tech 2 and CANDi and my MDI without problems.
  • Tis2Web works not on WinXP as XP does not support 64bit applications.
  • VMware with XP emulator works not on 64bit Win7 Computers
Tis2Web works fine on my Windows XP laptop. There is also a 64-bit edition of Windows XP, but it is very rare. VMWare also probably works fine on 64 bit Windows 7. I did most of my testing using VirtualBox on my Macbook.
  • TIS2000 is winxp software on does not work on Win7-64 computers. On Win7_32 yes with emulator.
TIS2000 works natively on windows XP, 7, and 8 as long as it's 32 bits. No emulator required.
  • NAO means NorthAmericanOperations, this was depending due to GM divided their target markets. And still do. Software/bin-files named as NAO is not intended to work on GCC, Euro and/or Asia/Pacific marketed cars.
This I would actually be interested in testing. In some of my tests I was still allowed to select non-North American regions with the NAO bin. I suspect NAO just means the software is compiled with the cars available in north america as the databases are too large to fit every car on one card.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Tech2Win should have created its own logs in its configuration directory. I would like to see those too. Those Mongoose logs confuse me; it's all J2534 and not PDU-API. And I'm not that surprised that the GM bin doesn't work anymore. It's a shame though, but I don't really have any way to test it.

Does the unmodified "emulator OTHER.exe" do this same stuff?
No log files in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\General Motors\Tech2Win\config on xp machine. do i need to change a setting to get it to log?

·
Registered
52 Posts
No log files in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\General Motors\Tech2Win\config on xp machine. do i need to change a setting to get it to log?
IIRC it's C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Shared Documents\General Motors\Tech2Win\Logs or C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\General Motors\Tech2Win\Logs . It's a bunch of HTML files with the time they were started as the filename.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Heres a couple of log files
Alright, I looked through them and the only error the Saab software is getting is an RX timeout. There's no other obvious red flags.

I'm afraid I can't tell you any more except that I guess it doesn't work. Do you have any issues with the GM software using "emulator OTHER.exe"? Can that communicate with your Chevy? If it can't, then there must be some problem with Drewtech's drivers and Tech2Win 2.336. I would ask them for advice.

381 - 400 of 419 Posts