SaabCentral Forums banner

321 - 340 of 380 Posts

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
I have not tried the Mongoose on a 1996-2002 900 or 9-3 so I don't have direct experience with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Would you be willing to lend out your VCX Nano unit to test on the 95? We've got an 03 93 in the shop now and my personal 2000 95 Aero to tool around with and try to get it working ? I'd be willing to mess around with this to see if we can communicate with the older cars but I don't want to invest in one if it doesn't give any results. Thanks for all your input!

·
Registered
254 Posts
I was reading a thread on my tablet that listed 4-5 different versions of this tech yesterday. Now that I'm searching for it I cant find the post to compare the different
versions. I wanna order the complete set and looking for the best unit.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Its $20 US for the invitation code on that site. I know some of you guys have joined, and, I will happily contribute via paypal if I find something useful, but asking US$20 for a chance of finding out if they have the info I need? not for me.
I've always been interested at looking into a subscription for that site. Is it a one time 20$ fee? and anyone else joined up..worth it?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Can anybody help me with getting security access from TIS2000? I have read all 17 pages but cant seem to find clear directions on how to get security access after getting the 1 day license for T2W from GlobalTIS.

I have TIS2000 2.2008 installed. I first selected "Get security access" in T2W, it does some stuff and returns back to main screen. Then I turned it off, disconnected mongoose and opened TIS2000. Clicked on security access and it gives error "could not connect to security server for access". I have tried different combinations of COM port/baud rate in TIS2000 settings but it has not helped. Any help will be appreciated! Thanks!!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Can anybody help me with getting security access from TIS2000? I have read all 17 pages but cant seem to find clear directions on how to get security access after getting the 1 day license for T2W from GlobalTIS.

I have TIS2000 2.2008 installed. I first selected "Get security access" in T2W, it does some stuff and returns back to main screen. Then I turned it off, disconnected mongoose and opened TIS2000. Clicked on security access and it gives error "could not connect to security server for access". I have tried different combinations of COM port/baud rate in TIS2000 settings but it has not helped. Any help will be appreciated! Thanks!!
To answer your question directly, after you close tech2win, are you reopening it before requesting security access? T2w stores the security access request, so it has to be running. In a nutshell - when t2w says "you need security access", close t2w, reopen it, and let it sit at the initial Saab logo screen. Then go to tis2000 and request security access. When t2w is running, you can go to Windows device manager and look under the Ports section to get the com port - it will be listed as Ultima virtual com port or something like that.

Which version of tech 2 win are you using? With v2.302 you can get security access from Saab Global TIS which is easy and straightforward (whereas the older t2w version required the use of Opel TIS and Saab TIS).

I've never gotten tis2000 to work which is why I'd suggest getting Saab global TIS and the new tech2win installed. Security access from Saab GTIS works every time for me.

Hopefully that makes sense (I'm typing this on my phone so I might have left something out!) Feel free to pm or email me if you need more help.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Any luck out there using this setup with Windows 10?

Looks like nitrous9200 attempted it in post #252, but I'm not clear on whether it ended up working successfully.

Since I have a laptop with 10 (64-bit Pro), I'd love to use what I have. But it looks like I can get my hands on an XP machine pretty easily if that would make this process easier or more reliable.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Any luck out there using this setup with Windows 10?

Looks like nitrous9200 attempted it in post #252, but I'm not clear on whether it ended up working successfully.

Since I have a laptop with 10 (64-bit Pro), I'd love to use what I have. But it looks like I can get my hands on an XP machine pretty easily if that would make this process easier or more reliable.
Sorry to say that the only OS that I know that works is the XP 32 bit operating system, I myself tried Vista 32 bit, Windows 7 32 bit, Windows 64 bit ultimate and Windows 8.1 64 bit, nothing works, flawless with XP though,

You could try Windows 10 and let us know what happens,

·
Registered
811 Posts
I haven't tried Win10 recently but I'm pretty sure it still won't work. The only thing that would have changed between then and now is the Mongoose driver.

I'll try Win10 again today just for the heck of it, but if you have access to an XP machine, I would suggest that because it will work guaranteed.

·
Registered
542 Posts
win7 pro x64 on the laptop, runs 42 day hacked t2win just fine.

xp VM running inside of that on vmware workstation runs globaltis (only fire it up to grant security access). use firefox in the win7 to browse to the VM globaltis webserver.

i had started off running t2win inside the VM but had some issues, brought it back out to the host OS and never looked back.

hth
ken

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
I run on an XP vm in Parallels Desktop on a MacBook Pro Retina. Works perfectly.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Host laptop is Win7 64 bit with 42 day crack Tech2. Also running Java 6 update 13 and Firefox as my browser. When I need security access I use an xp vm with saab globaltis. This vm is Microsoft Virtual PC.

My setup worked flawlessly on my 2003 and 2004, but can't do more advanced security access on my 2011 (like adding or removing modules). I don't think this is a mongoose issue something with golobaltis and my 2011 car.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Host laptop is Win7 64 bit with 42 day crack Tech2. Also running Java 6 update 13 and Firefox as my browser. When I need security access I use an xp vm with saab globaltis. This vm is Microsoft Virtual PC.

My setup worked flawlessly on my 2003 and 2004, but can't do more advanced security access on my 2011 (like adding or removing modules). I don't think this is a mongoose issue something with golobaltis and my 2011 car.
I can't remember where I read this, but I don't think the version of GlobalTIS from the forum works with 2011; you'd need to buy a subscription to the official web-based TIS here in order to get security access.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Question

Hi all and thanks for the creator of this thread and all participator. It had been informative.

I was surveying the Chinese market on aliexpress for TECH 2 and got the lowest cost $250 shipped from two sellers. Now I have seen this thread, I have few questions:

1- The original Mongoose Pro II is about $480 but I found some suppliers as well for less than that. See the following links:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Drew-Tech-Mongoose-Pro-ISOCAN-2-J2534-Interface-/200942050044?epid=900012081&hash=item2ec9145afc:g:~tsAAOxyg6BR3f7f

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mongoose-ISOCAN-Supports-basic-OEM-reflash-for-VW-Audi-/130225916332?hash=item1e5211c9ac:g:ZnAAAOSwFqJWsjml

and also the link that was mentioned in the thread for $188:

http://www.cnautotool.com/goods-2446-Mongoose+Pro+for+GM.html

My question would any of them work with 1999 Saab 9-3 SE (2.0 turbo) or is it only limited to 2000 year production.

Thanks in advance,
Khalid

·
Registered
542 Posts
Hi all and thanks for the creator of this thread and all participator. It had been informative.

I was surveying the Chinese market on aliexpress for TECH 2 and got the lowest cost $250 shipped from two sellers. Now I have seen this thread, I have few questions:

1- The original Mongoose Pro II is about $480 but I found some suppliers as well for less than that. See the following links:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Drew-Tech-Mongoose-Pro-ISOCAN-2-J2534-Interface-/200942050044?epid=900012081&hash=item2ec9145afc:g:~tsAAOxyg6BR3f7f

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mongoose-ISOCAN-Supports-basic-OEM-reflash-for-VW-Audi-/130225916332?hash=item1e5211c9ac:g:ZnAAAOSwFqJWsjml
those are not the gm-specific mongoose cables (in fact they are listed specifically as VAG) and will likely not work.

and also the link that was mentioned in the thread for $188:

http://www.cnautotool.com/goods-2446-Mongoose+Pro+for+GM.html
that's the proper cable at least (gm2) but i'd be concerned about authenticity... there are clones floating around out there.

My question would any of them work with 1999 Saab 9-3 SE (2.0 turbo) or is it only limited to 2000 year production.

Thanks in advance,
Khalid
i was not able to get tech2 access on my '99 93. it seems the mongoose is really for CANBUS cars. however, i did not spend a lot of time troubleshooting as i lent the car to a friend.

hth
ken

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
those are not the gm-specific mongoose cables (in fact they are listed specifically as VAG) and will likely not work.

that's the proper cable at least (gm2) but i'd be concerned about authenticity... there are clones floating around out there.

i was not able to get tech2 access on my '99 93. it seems the mongoose is really for CANBUS cars. however, i did not spend a lot of time troubleshooting as i lent the car to a friend.

hth

ken

I agree. I am curious as to whether the VCX Nano will work on non canbus Saabs like the NG900/OG9-3 and the 9-5 up to the change to canbus in 2006.
Anybody use a mongoose on a 2006+ 9-5 successfully?

321 - 340 of 380 Posts