SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the NG’s don’t have much aftermarket stuff available but has anyone found a compatible cold air intake, exhaust, etc ? I was thinking about just doing a straight pipe on mine (custom exhaust) and probably getting a a shop to do a custom intake system, but would like to see options

·
Registered
380 Posts
I know the NG’s don’t have much aftermarket stuff available but has anyone found a compatible cold air intake, exhaust, etc ? I was thinking about just doing a straight pipe on mine (custom exhaust) and probably getting a a shop to do a custom intake system, but would like to see options
you have a 6 or 4?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you have a 6 or 4?
I have a 6

·
Super Moderator
1,394 Posts
Please take minute to update your profile. That way other members know what car you have. :)

I had modified my air intake back when I had my ‘11 Aero. The OEM intake is incredibly long and convoluted. I was able to shorten it and remove the restrictions, while increasing cooling and intercooling performance, but it was a lengthy project. The air intake necks down in a couple of spots before it even hits the air box, so you’ll have to remove the bumper cover and do something custom if you want to address it like I did.

Exhaust work would all have to be custom as Hirsch was the only aftermarket one, and it was discontinued. But any higher end shop should be able to make one. I’d look at making sure it was all mandrel bent (smooth bends) to avoid restrictions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Joshinator99
SaabCentral Forums
SaabCentral forum the most comprehensive Saab resource on the internet. Join our discussions on the Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5, Saab 900, Saab 9000 and all other Saab models, choose your forum.
Full Forum Listing