SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
mods to increase throttle

Tweek's Turbos said:
Number 1 would be a downpipe, then a manual boost controller. Since you have a manual, find an ecu out of a 99 9-3 hot, 8th letter of the vin "P". Thats a good junkard score of 15 extra HP or so. Its a good idea to include a viggen IC too.
The DP seems to be the best MOD ~ Cost benifit there is. With all the suppliers, where should we buy one from? I see GS has a combo package avail.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
project13 said:
So just by adding the ECU out of the HOT model 9-3 I can gain about 15 HP? Nice......

I have wanted to do the turbo and IC from that same model, but I never knew about the ECU trick... Thanks!
you may not get quite 15hp out of it, the difference between the T7 HOTs and regulars is about that, but my HOT also has the TD04 turbo, so some of the power will come from that. I've been told that the T5 HOTs didn't come with the TD04, but either way if you don't have one you might not get quite 15hp, then again you very well could. It all depends really.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
kaltorak said:
The DP seems to be the best MOD ~ Cost benifit there is. With all the suppliers, where should we buy one from? I see GS has a combo package avail.
I stand very strongly behind the GS parts, but I've heard that Jak Stoll makes good stuff too. Do you know what tune you want (Nordic, Maptun, ect.) ?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
It should buzz at idle - this is a good first test. No Buzz and it's not functioning. Even if it's open all the time the boost still builds quickly. If it's faulty you are likely to only get either base boost or runaway boost with fuel cut. You need to test your base boost setting as I said before - anything else is speculation or stabs in the dark at solving this thing.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
The BPC can fail in either position causing lowe boost conditions or Too high of boost conditions depending on which way it got stuck. If it is too low, test it by pulling the hose running to the WGA and take a run(carefully) If you hit fuel cut, you know it is stuck open.

·
Registered
771 Posts
9-3sleeper said:
you may not get quite 15hp out of it, the difference between the T7 HOTs and regulars is about that, but my HOT also has the TD04 turbo, so some of the power will come from that. I've been told that the T5 HOTs didn't come with the TD04, but either way if you don't have one you might not get quite 15hp, then again you very well could. It all depends really.
9-3sleeper don't be hatin on the t5's, cuz your got stuck with teh suxor t7 and now you can't shoot flames or have awesome backfires and your mad

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I got nothing against the T5s, i was just letting him know.

And don't remind me about the flames, I'm still mourning that...:cry:

·
Registered
771 Posts
9-3sleeper said:
I got nothing against the T5s, i was just letting him know.

And don't remind me about the flames, I'm still mourning that...:cry:
aka being jealous of them lol, its ok i understand purdue is very cold, i know i visted the campus once while considering to go there, but i did it at winter time and well lets just say, you need flames for warmth up there

i'm enjoying the fact that my high for the day right now is 88 *****

asu= BCS champions calling it now lol

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
mfyoung said:
aka being jealous of them lol, its ok i understand purdue is very cold, i know i visted the campus once while considering to go there, but i did it at winter time and well lets just say, you need flames for warmth up there

i'm enjoying the fact that my high for the day right now is 88 *****

asu= BCS champions calling it now lol
Yeah you wish.......

I like it cold anyways, 60 is just fine for me.

·
Registered
243 Posts
mods to increase throttle

9-3sleeper said:
I stand very strongly behind the GS parts, but I've heard that Jak Stoll makes good stuff too. Do you know what tune you want (Nordic, Maptun, ect.) ?
I have the Nordic Stage II. Now I am moving to do the DP next. I have purchased from GS before and was pleased; but I have heard good things about Jak, his prices are a little higher....

·
Registered
933 Posts
mfyoung called 93-sleeper *****, is it just me or is that really funny? SAAB guys calling each other *****, who would have ever thought? Awsome.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts