SaabCentral Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Is that high school grad money?

If so please put away atleast 500 for college, unless you plan on working your first semester, having some money to go away with is awsome. I did that and was able to do whatever and meet alot of cool people because of it.

Now for your other 800, I would also say the same as above, the handeling/steering mods are great...but of course you want more power. I would stay away from an ecu for a while because they are indeed expensive and Im sure you plan on putting more hardware which will need another ECU reflash down the road which costs even more money.

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
Marks900SE said:
Is that high school grad money?

If so please put away atleast 500 for college, unless you plan on working your first semester, having some money to go away with is awsome. I did that and was able to do whatever and meet alot of cool people because of it.
Good advice...

Keep that $600 budget and do those suspension mods and the SMBC hat Ice Man and others mentioned...you'll have a great handling, fast-azz car and some bucks left in the bizz-ank...

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
mike saunders said:
Good advice...

Keep that $600 budget and do those suspension mods and the SMBC hat Ice Man and others mentioned...you'll have a great handling, fast-azz car and some bucks left in the bizz-ank...
Bizz-ank Mike? Now I know you did not just say that :eek:.

Did I miss the honda forum banner?

·
Registered
483 Posts
i thought saab driving folk are prevented from saying anything like Bizz--ank:lol: to funny

Anyway Yeah defenetly do suspension mods first. this has always been my opinion, As whats the point in going fast if you cant maintain speed through turns, or feel like your gonna die entering a turn. You can make any car feel faster just by upgrading its suspension. Also i made a mistake when i did mine, I dropped 800 bucks on lowering it and putting koni shocks in, then i got the steering rack clamp and brace then my rims and finally the rear sway bar.
While I defently recomend lowering at some point, I made a mistake by not buying something as simple as the sway bar at first. Spend the 80 bucks on the sway bar then the 160 for the steering rack clamp and brace, then if you want you can hold of on lowering and rims and put some money into power. You will be so suprised what that sway bar and steering rack clamp and brace will do for so little money.

For example with my eibach prokit springs, koni adjustables, steering rack clamp and brace, 17inch BBS RK wheels and a 25mm rear sway bar, stock 19mm front sway bar for suspension and power wise all i have is a MBC+a (i know your T7 so you cant do this) and a 3 inch DP. I beat an '05 mustang with mods at autocross. I also was came within 1.5 seconds of an STI and a EVO that were in my class, And it was wet out, so accelerating in the straights was a bit fun with the wheel spin. (i was in some sort of moddifies class)

Wow long post....

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
Marks900SE said:
Bizz-ank Mike? Now I know you did not just say that :eek:.

Did I miss the honda forum banner?
Uh....I was watching "Pimp My Ride" and got carried away! :cheesy:

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
How about just a better filter for the stock airbox? K&N or something. At least give it a good cleaning.

Good choices with your order though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Already taken care of the K&N filter. That was the first mod I ever did right when I purchased the car. I just put some new headlights in that are pushing 130W. They are extremely white and have the HID look I was going for in the first place. I bought them for about $20 because I work at Best Buy and get a crapload off. Thanks for the help!:D

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.