SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading around the forums for a few days making a list of things I want to do to my car. I'm 17 years old and drive a 2001 9-3 2.0 T7. I have many things I want to do but I want to find the absolute best prices for the US.

1.) 3"Downpipe
2.)Lowering Springs
3.)6000K HID kit :cool:
4.)Intake

Any ideas as to what I can do for around $600? I am in desperate need! I hope I'm not already annoying you guys ;oops: - I've search around already, just in search of opinions now. Thanks!

Taylor

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
forget the Hid kit, as that will take about half that money right out... go with suspension mods, because just a downpipe wont do anything. u either need a lot of hardware or none at all.. u can try an smbc, tht will cost u all of like $40 and will net the best gain...

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
ricot83 said:
go with suspension mods, because just a downpipe wont do anything...
Ditto that. For $600, you either concentrate on handling or power, or audio... pick a direction, and people will help you choose some reasonably priced items.

I

·
0 Posts
I would mix it up:

MP or GenSaab 22mm Rear Sway Bar $90
MP Steering rack clamp & brace $150
SMBC $50
DIY 3" Intake with K&N filter $50 or some other intake
Save the rest for 17" wheels & tires or better exhaust.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK- waiting for MP Performance to be back up. I am going to go with the suspension and intake stuff- saving for exhaust guys! Thanks a ton- I'll be sure to post pics.

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
Ice Man said:
I would mix it up:

MP or GenSaab 22mm Rear Sway Bar $90
MP Steering rack clamp & brace $150
SMBC $50
DIY 3" Intake with K&N filter $50 or some other intake
Save the rest for 17" wheels & tires or better exhaust.
Double ditto. These first mods will tighten the car's handling A LOT and will unleash some ponies you didn't know you had. This way, you can mod slowly and bring your car up to the point where you'll do all the hardware mods you can do...

Look back at some of Rico's posts. He did it exactly the same way....

Welcome to SaabCentral!

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I ditto doing the basic suspension stuff mentioned above. These little mods do soooo much for the car. Definatly money well spent.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Should I buy new springs from Eibach or anything of that sort? I am buying an SMBC and a rear anti-sway bar as I speak. Hopefully this stuff will be easy to install- you guys are a big help!:D

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
The thing with the springs is that they really won't do anything without upgraded shocks/struts. Actually they're probably hurt things. Unless you plan on doing the install yourself, and don't mind doing it twice, it makes sense to do springs and dampers at once. This too will make a huge difference, but its costly. And if you did this before the other smaller braces and such, it won't be as effective.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Anybody have a link or a how to for removing the intake silencer? I am considering making my own intake like a few others have done. Input?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Also: The SMBC is better for me than a MBC correct? This car is AUTOMATIC and I don't know if that would make a huge difference or not. I'm just a newb- please help me!!

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
The fact of weather a mbc works on a T7 or not is hugely debatele. Search around for this sort of thing and you should find lots of arguments. The people who have put these into T7's seem to use the smbc. I'm not sure if these are the only ones that work or not, that would certainly explain why they're used.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How do I do the DIY intake, install the SMBC, and take off the silencer? I can't get to "Eric's" site and am totally clueless- sorry to be such an annoyance! ;oops:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So how am I supposed to do anything with a T7 intake:roll:? I really don't want to spend much money on an intake- I've gotten about $1300 for graduation total so maybe I should just spend all of it at once and get a nordic or BSR package- any ideas??? Thankyou so much!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
save your dough and i wouldnt buy an ecu immediately, rico is pushing pretty big numbers wiith all kinds of hardware and stock software. especially considering t-7 ecus cost 1000! you can tak eoff the lower portion of the intake tubing of t-7s and buy a higher flow filter, but with mafs, oiled filters can cause trouble. an intake for t-7 from genuine saab costs 160.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts