SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm plaing with the idea of shortening my front sway bar links to change the preload like you can on most adjustable bars. I know they do it by changing hole locations but if I cut about an inch out of the rod end links it will preload the links and make the bar more ridged. Has this been tried on our cars?? I know it has been done and works but it can lead to a broken bar. I would rather not have to deal with that.

·
Registered
744 Posts
theres gotta be end links out there for another car that are a little shorter that would work

but in the end the real downfall is how small the sway bar is, mayb more preload will prove a noticable difference so i guess you gotta try

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sway Bar Removal

I have read that allot of our fellow saabers are removing the front sway bar completely. I am unsure of the benefit there. traction? Handling? I would think it is an instrumental, and nearly required parts of the suspension puzzle. Any idea's why some are removing the sway bars?

·
Banned
1,042 Posts
Drag racers with rwd will do that to get more weight transfer to the rear wheels. I wouldn't advise it with fwd if you plan on turning

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Drag racers with rwd will do that to get more weight transfer to the rear wheels. I wouldn't advise it with fwd if you plan on turning
;ol; I knew several Ford Lightning owners that would remove it for this very reason. I would not advise doing so on the FWD Saab.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts