SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mobil 1's high mileage synthetic 10w-40 oil is doing very well in my 91 900 16v 2.0 turbo 91(179,500 original miles)! In the 2,000 miles since I starting using it, I had to only add about 16oz of m1 10-40 to top it off. It remains clear, and grit free. It only slightly darken just a bit, from a clear honey color, to a light amber color. The car runs so well with this oil. It keeps the motor very quiet, and cool. Startups are aa breeze, even in very frigid weather. I will get it tested soon via the lab for a more indepth analysis.

regards,

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
91900turbo said:
Mobil 1's high mileage synthetic 10w-40 oil is doing very well in my 91 900 16v 2.0 turbo 91(179,500 original miles)! In the 2,000 miles since I starting using it, I had to only add about 16oz of m1 10-40 to top it off. It remains clear, and grit free. It only slightly darken just a bit, from a clear honey color, to a light amber color. The car runs so well with this oil. It keeps the motor very quiet, and cool. Startups are aa breeze, even in very frigid weather. I will get it tested soon via the lab for a more indepth analysis.

regards,
That's good news! I have just put some brand new Penrite Sin-10 oil in my 81 turbo's engine (see another thread about lots of oil smoke when I was using the oil flush to clean out the old oil), and I'm hoping it'll perform well. I was usine Shell Helix Ultra up to now but it's 5w rated and perhaps a little thin.

I'm very interested to know about the oil analysis results for your engine running on Mobil 1.

Craig.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hello Craig!

I shall keep you guys posted! I am going to have an oil sample tested soon. 99% of my mileage is all hwy with avg speeds of 75-80 mph, yielding an avg of 25-27 mpg (1,000 miles per week), using Shell V-power, and on ocassion Sunoco ultra 93. The oil seems to be very robust and thicker than M1 0W-40 (decent oil). I have used 0W-40, in the past in my Volvos. This new M1 10-40 oil is very VERY good, the turbo loves this oil! My boost/take offs on the hwy are so strong without a hiccup! I mean this car turns a lot of heads. The acceleration is so stout and confident! I also use Lucas Upper Cylinder lube in the fuel everytime I fill up and or do partial fill ups. 5-10oz. Additionally, the car is so quiet:cheesy: ! Again, I will keep you posted along the way and when I send/recieve the oil lab test results! I am currently using NGK V-Power Spark plugs. I may be switching over to NGK Iridiums soon (colder plug). Why buy a new/newer car:nono; , the features of this machine are well made quality quality quality, down to the leather seats!!

Best Regards,

91 900 TURBO 16V 2.0 A.T 179,500 PLUS ORIGINAL MILES, no abuse:) !

c900 said:
That's good news! I have just put some brand new Penrite Sin-10 oil in my 81 turbo's engine (see another thread about lots of oil smoke when I was using the oil flush to clean out the old oil), and I'm hoping it'll perform well. I was usine Shell Helix Ultra up to now but it's 5w rated and perhaps a little thin.

I'm very interested to know about the oil analysis results for your engine running on Mobil 1.

Craig.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts