SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just did an oil change on my new saab and used the 0w-40 euro formula that most recommend. The GM-LL-A 025 specification has been replaced with Dexos 1, meaning we can technically use any other dexos approved oil including Royal Purple 5w-30. But I looked on the back of the Mobil 1 0w-40 and didn't find a single thing about being GM approved..Does GM not recommend it anymore?

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
The GM LL A 025 Spec is Obsolete, actually the last Oil recommended for the 2.0T/t or later V6's has been a 5W30 DEXOS 1 Spec Oil. The GM Spec has changed twice since the introduction of the SS, now they use a new spec.... Oils are changed, modified and improved over time.

The first GM LL spec was 2 years or 15K, the second 1 year or 10K, now it's Dexos at 1 year or 10K.

A member named JRidrony or similar from Europe had posted this info a long ago, but at the time there was no 5W30 in America that meet the GM Spec.

There.s a bunch of threads... just search Dexos

·
Registered
499 Posts
The Mobil 1 website has language that seems to say that it meets GM-LL-A-025 but implies that they didn't pay GM so they can't advertise it on the label.

Mobil 1 0W-40 meets some other good criteria, like BMW LL 01 and ACEA A3/B3 so I like it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts