SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Moderator
Joined
·
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have two Bosch LH air mass meters in the car. One is recently bought from ebay. The other will be going back into the car it was borrowed from. Now, what with the NCT being due, I'll need to check/set the mixture (no O2 sensor, adjustable AMM). If I put the car on a CO meter and set the mixture on one AMM, then swap over the AMMs and set the mixture again, I'll have two AMMs properly set for this car.

Question is: Can I then put one AMM back in its original car and expect that car's mixture to be properly set? Both cars running B202 N/A engines with EGR, both AMMs have the same part number.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,273 Posts
cdaly said:
Question is: Can I then put one AMM back in its original car and expect that car's mixture to be properly set?
I wouldn't expect that.
No two cars are the same; even when they're brand new. Within an acceptable range, each car will have different fuel pressure, different NTC temperature readings, different compression, different injector spray patterns etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,081 Posts
Jim Mesthene said:
I wouldn't expect that.
No two cars are the same; even when they're brand new. Within an acceptable range, each car will have different fuel pressure, different NTC temperature readings, different compression, different injector spray patterns etc.
That would be my gut feel, too. If they could be swapped between cars like that, they wouldn't ever need adjusting...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
891 Posts
Yes, you can. You need to remove the round metal anti tamper plug to access the adjustment. I drilled a 1/8" hole and threaded a screw in to pull it out. I think you connect an ohm meter to terminals 2 and 8 (have to check the manual) and adjust unitl about .500 ohms resistance? I am not sure about the specs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,382 Posts
dasander said:
Yes, you can. You need to remove the round metal anti tamper plug to access the adjustment. I drilled a 1/8" hole and threaded a screw in to pull it out. I think you connect an ohm meter to terminals 2 and 8 (have to check the manual) and adjust unitl about .500 ohms resistance? I am not sure about the specs.
No you adjust it until the CO % is within a certain spec... compared with new regs like Tier II / Bin 5 - 4 - 3, it seems so quaint and freakish really to measure CO in % :lol: :lol:
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top