SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a missing piece on the center console of the '99 9-5 I recently purchased. Just above the window lock switch is a square hole. What should be there? From some pics I've seen, it looks like some type of vented piece. I've tried several sites to find the part, but I guess not knowing exactly what I'm looking for makes it a little difficult. Thanks.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Its a slotted coin holder:

Article : Coin holder
PartNo : 4741815
Grey
On cars with VIN earlier than W3022827, the coin box and cover must replaced together if the opening in the cover is smaller than 56 x 62 mm.
Order Quantity : 1

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now if I can just get my hands on one...now that I know what to look for. Thanks, Chris! I love this forum.:cheesy:

·
Registered
22,211 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
can you believe the guy on ebay is asking for £5 postage and package.ebay is good for things but some people go over the top on postage and package costs.by the way well found chris:cheesy:

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
lovely seats in that 9-5, chris. and is that a three spoke wheel i see there? never knew the 9-5s came with those.

·
Registered
320 Posts
DeAnna before you buy one check to make sure its not in the car somewhere. In my mothers 9-5 somehow it fell inside of the console and I had to pry out the switches to get to it.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Chris 9-5 said:
Its a slotted coin holder:

Article : Coin holder
PartNo : 4741815
Grey
On cars with VIN earlier than W3022827, the coin box and cover must replaced together if the opening in the cover is smaller than 56 x 62 mm.
Order Quantity : 1
chris, i almost shat my pants when i found out that i had this coin holder. the minute i saw it in the forum, i ran out and checked to see if i had one.

thanks =)

i always thought it was a vent or something... ;oops:
now my change won't slide off when im driving, i USE! put it underneath the hand brake, in that groove.
~Mike

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the advice all.

Saabluster, I will certainly look in the console to see if it may be in there.

:p

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
mfong said:
chris, i almost shat my pants when i found out that i had this coin holder. ~Mike
I would tell you you have "side air bags" too but you'd probably explode all together :cheesy: :cheesy:

·
Registered
855 Posts
Think we should tell him about the "follow me home" lights? Or about how the wipers will do that 1 last swipe 9 seconds later if you're going under 12 MPH? (Or was it 12 seconds later for under 9 MPH?)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Stop looking, I found it. I checked down inside the console, and sure enough...there was the elusive slotted Saab coin holder. It was really wedged down in there. After trying for 15 minutes or so to get it out, my 13 year old son suggested I release the parking brake (duh). Much easier to get it out then...I hate when he's smarter than me. It's so nice not having to look at that big square hole. Thanks for the tip! :cheesy:

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
You can set the headlights up so they stay on 30 seconds after you lock up to illuminate your drive/garden/porch/wherever you park for safety reasons. :cool: To activate the follow me home lights, switch off the ignition, open drivers door and lift the main/dipped beam control stalk fully to its 2nd position. Dipped headlights will now come on and remain on for 30 secs providing the door is closed within 30 secs of operating the switch.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts