SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 1999 saab 9 5 an i realized there is a hole with oil leaking out of it. it looks like there use to be a part there but i have no check engine light or any problems driving it right now wondering what that part was an if there is any way to replace it?

·
Registered
2003 9-5 Linear Wagon
81 Posts
Yeah this is normal, nothing is missing. Mine leaked too, I'd replace it and the valve cover gasket at the same time. I put some gasket sealer around it before bolting down the piece that holds it in. It's essentially a metal cap coated in rubber that sits where the distributor would have been on older cars.
$4 on eEuroParts

Double check that your PCV system has been updated to kit #6, (my understanding is) without it your engine oil pressure is higher and more likely to leak oil at the valve cover gasket, distributor plug, head gasket, etc.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have a manual and auto 9-5. The manual is empty like yours, the auto has something in there, forget what it's called.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sometimes they seep a little oil out of there, always a good idea to replace the camshaft plug while you do the valve cover gasket, part # 91 35 211.

Even my 08 was sweating a tiiiinyyyy bit and I replaced it during my valve cover gasket job!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Not part missing. Before they were fuel injected they had a distributor and carburetta and that's where distributor fitted in engine. Clean area then buy some high temperature sealer and place it around the leaking area. I had same problem on my 93. Or pull off rocker cover and install new seal. I just used high temp sealer on outside. Worked for me

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
On automatics that's where the brake booster vacuum pump is located. The pump then would be connected to the brake booster vacuum hose. The hose connects to the fitting with the red washer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts