SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys
after a hot day and a hard driving the radiator gave up on my 2000 9 3 b204e
i went to replace it ( you know the hassle and pain to take it out ) i almost took all the front end out to pull it out:confused:
any way i noticed that there is no t5 valve
wich supposed to be at the radiator shoulder
does that mean i habe the base boost ? or i miss something here ? :unsure:

i ordered the radiator and will take the studs out theyvare really pain in the a** to remove o_O:cry:

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
Some odd stuff there... I don't think Saab made T5 engines in 2000.... I thought the last one was made in 1999. So, that's odd right there.

No BPV = fixed boost, whatever the wastegate actuator is set for.

·
Registered
8,837 Posts
My 2000 was latest model year for T5, only lpt version.
You do not have any missing parts.

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
Shouldn't there be an APC valve, though? The electrical connector is there, and someone had capped off the port on the turbo and connected two other ports with a piece of hose.

·
Registered
8,837 Posts
Nope. T5 lpt do not have APC valve, only straight pipe from compressor housing to wastegate. Base boost only.
Wiring loom is there always.

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
Yeah, I remember back in the day it was quick to convert a T5 LPT 9000 into a FPT 9000 by adding the valve and reflashing. It definitely makes sense that they carried that through to the LPT 9-3. We never got those cars here, so I never thought about it. A couple wires and a connector is probably cheaper than two SKUs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so thats
Nope. T5 lpt do not have APC valve, only straight pipe from compressor housing to wastegate. Base boost only.
Wiring loom is there always.
so that mean i cant have mopower baby
is it safe to adjust the waste gate bolt ?

·
Registered
8,837 Posts
Yes you can. You need BCV, hoses and Trionic sw.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts