SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I have had an issue with a mis since I purchased the vehicle. It's a 2003 linear. I just replaced the turbo this weekend which i was hoping would solve the issue as well because the seals were gone but it still persists. Sometimes I have a miss at idle and upon acceleration you can feel the cars power go in out. The turbo spools and boosts fine. And it's not like a misifre where it carries on and jerks. Feels like the power is just in and out slightly. I replaced the plugs as well as did fuel system cleaning. I have absolutely no codes. Every once in a while I get a throttle body code which will put it into limp mode but after clearing the code it doesn't appear for several months. Has anyone else had an issue of this sort with no CHK ENG codes to go off? It's really annoying knowing the car isn't performing as it should. Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
20,206 Posts
If you have a TB code then I would suggest either troubleshooting wire or connector. Couldn't hurt to take it out and clean it. Give it a shake while it's out. If it rattles then the gears inside are busted and it needs to be replaced. They are cheap enough used might as well replace anyways.

And of course, check the coils too.

https://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=535961

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should have specified that I have thoroughly cleaned the TB as well as the connector. I've thought about replacing it but as intermittent as it is I never do. Even tho I should. And besides inspecting the coils visually is there a way to inspect their functionality? If I had a code for a specific cylinder I would swap it to see if it changed but as I said, I don't have any problem codes confirmed or pending.

·
Super Moderator
20,206 Posts
A functioning car doesn't give intermittent TB codes. So, either you have a failing TB or a failing ECU.

No way to know a coil is bad until you get codes.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So this may or may not be crucial info I forgot to add. When I took the TB off last time to clean it, I noticed a sticker on it that refurb. Its a factory brand TB (OEM) but it was a replacement at one point. Can a TB cause the drivability issues while not throwing the code? I can get a used one for like $40. I just don't wanna buy it if its not the issue. Coils are a nice chunk of change and I'd like to get away with not replacing them. I just spent a deal of money replacing the turbo lol. But I also am gonna fix what needs fixed. The one time that I want a CHK ENG code I can't get one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts