SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I own a '83 8V turbo which has some misfiring issues. My friends and i troubleshoot the problem and found that 2 injectors weren't firing by shorting the fuel pump and lifting the flap to check sprays.

Change the 2 faulty ones with not perfect but the best out of the lot. Everything was fine then until today...

Was at a traffic light and suddenly idle drops from a rock steady 900 to 500 rpm and back again..then it started misfiring running on 3 cylinders. Parked the car...and revved it in neutral..no change...bad idling. Took out my trusty spanner and knocked the injectors when the fuel line joins. After a few knocks from 1st to the 4th then back to the 1st the car is fine now.

Does that mean my injectors are kapoot? or is it something else? ignition related?

des

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Hi, I'dd remove them and soak then clean them with injector cleaner first first. There are little screens in the top of the injectors that need sprayed out .Then a new fuel filter.After that I would put cups under the open fuel lines and purge out any dirt that may be in there. Sounds like dirt or crud . Later ,:cheesy: Pat

1 - 3 of 3 Posts