SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

car recently started to shutter very badly and run rough while driving home. Was able to nurse it home and check to find p0302 code. Misfire on #2 cylinder. Changed the plugs and checked vacuum hoses. Everything is attached except for one line That comes off the throttle body and goes no where(see picture) I can’t seem to find where it goes but the end is flared out as if it was on a nipple before. Any help much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2,929 Posts
T5 doesn't usually care about air leaks and doesn't ordinarily pick on one cylinder unless you have a failed DIC.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, thanks for the help. Looking on Rock auto, they have a good selection of DIC’s. I’m thinking the NGK unit. Any recommendations or any to avoid? Thanks again.

·
Registered
8,654 Posts
NGK should be SEM which is OEM. (TLAs.) Avoid aftermarket DICs, they are known to be crap in the T7 world. I would guess that fewer profits are to be made with T5 due to lower demand, so I'm not sure if there even are T5 DIC knockoffs.

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
I'm sorry, this can't be right. There are numerous threads on all sorts of Saab forums on T5 w/ P030x codes. The OP in this thread clearly didn't make up a code just to post a joke thread.

·
Registered
7,460 Posts
Where?
If you input DTC P0302 you get invalid code.
If you get list of valid DTC codes, you do not have P0300-0304 codes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Through in the new NGK DIC unit this morning and test drove. Flawless so far. This seems to have fixed the problem. Going to take the car to work today and hopefully have an uneventful ride. Thanks again for all the help everyone.

As far as the code not being valid, I’m not sure I’m following. That was the code that came off the reader while plugged in.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts