SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So recently I started a thread about a tuneup needing to get done on my aero, got plugs and idnition coils replaced. I think the NGK laser iridium are OE? I ended up using denso plugs. Ran fine for a few months then started to misfire on cyl 1-3, so I decided to get the NGK, gapped then at .040, and it’s been running solid since ! Only thing now is I have to find a coolant leak ?

·
Super Moderator
1,900 Posts
So recently I started a thread about a tuneup needing to get done on my aero, got plugs and idnition coils replaced. I think the NGK laser iridium are OE? I ended up using denso plugs. Ran fine for a few months then started to misfire on cyl 1-3, so I decided to get the NGK, gapped then at .040, and it’s been running solid since ! Only thing now is I have to find a coolant leak ?
Denso Iridium IKH22 gapped at 0.80mm is the way to go on the 2.8, FYI.

Coolant leak could be a few items. The coolant crossover hoses that go back to the reservoir are a common issue. Do you know what general area the leak seems to be coming from?

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you have the 2.8 ltr search the cooling line running parallel to drivers side, transmission cooler lines, water pump. Can you get underneath it. I have had mine since 2011. If it’s close to 100k a turbo and timing chain are the biggest expense. Overall my daughter and I love it. I gave it to her last year and try to do all the maintenance. I’ve done a bunch of repairs don’t hesitate to ask

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Denso Iridium IKH22 gapped at 0.80mm is the way to go on the 2.8, FYI.

Coolant leak could be a few items. The coolant crossover hoses that go back to the reservoir are a common issue. Do you know what general area the leak seems to be coming from?
i changed the hoses again (second time in 2 years) andI just put in a new coolant reservoir,one of the horses leaked some coolant onto the turbo heat shield (I saw the coolant color on there and saw it drop a couple times) but nowwith the newhoses n tank, it still leaks. I do notice that when I’m filling it up, for some reasononce it gets close to filling up, the lip/seam it has across the middle starts to fill up with coolant. It comes from the back to front. It’s not a lot thatcomes out tho. Any tips?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts