SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So recently I started a thread about a tuneup needing to get done on my aero, got plugs and idnition coils replaced. I think the NGK laser iridium are OE? I ended up using denso plugs. Ran fine for a few months then started to misfire on cyl 1-3, so I decided to get the NGK, gapped then at .040, and it鈥檚 been running solid since ! Only thing now is I have to find a coolant leak 馃檮

Super Moderator
So recently I started a thread about a tuneup needing to get done on my aero, got plugs and idnition coils replaced. I think the NGK laser iridium are OE? I ended up using denso plugs. Ran fine for a few months then started to misfire on cyl 1-3, so I decided to get the NGK, gapped then at .040, and it鈥檚 been running solid since ! Only thing now is I have to find a coolant leak 馃檮
Denso Iridium IKH22 gapped at 0.80mm is the way to go on the 2.8, FYI.

Coolant leak could be a few items. The coolant crossover hoses that go back to the reservoir are a common issue. Do you know what general area the leak seems to be coming from?

Registered

Registered
If you have the 2.8 ltr search the cooling line running parallel to drivers side, transmission cooler lines, water pump. Can you get underneath it. I have had mine since 2011. If it鈥檚 close to 100k a turbo and timing chain are the biggest expense. Overall my daughter and I love it. I gave it to her last year and try to do all the maintenance. I鈥檝e done a bunch of repairs don鈥檛 hesitate to ask

1 - 6 of 6 Posts