SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently junked my summer beater '95 NG900 convertible (aptly nicknamed the Turdvertible). Pulled front knuckles with Koni sport strut inserts and Vogtland lowering springs. Bought a '99 T5 9-3 (being my third cheap Saab convertible, this one is nicknamed "Turd the Third"). Now the age-old quandry: swapping front suspension parts since the springs are different and strut tops have a different design. Konis/Vogtlands have less than 10k miles on them so don't want to be buying new parts if at all possible.

Thinking it might be possible to drill out the OG9-3 strut mounts by 2mm to get the thicker NG900 strut shaft through the OG9-3 strut mount to get the struts to work... but are there any differences in overall strut length or thread length that I'm missing? Has anyone been able to jerry-rig a OG9-3 to fit NG900 front springs using some mish-mash of NG900 and OG9-3 parts?

·
Registered
445 Posts
There is a video on the Koni website that shows the 'cut a strut' process. Maybe you'll need to look into that. I assume you are talking Koni 'Yellow' not Koni 'Red'?
As for the control arms etc - Genuine Saab sells the arms with updated poly bushes. It might be easier than trying to press the poly in yourself.

These tell you what you can grab from 900 vs 9-3 etc.
Looks like strut mounts and spring seats are different, and the springs have a different radius.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts