SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is everyone gettting on the highway. I had a bad 02 sensor and was getting 29mpg, after the replacement I'm getting 34 consistantly. Yesterday, I had to slow down due to traffic (70mph) and I was getting 37mpg! :eek:

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
first-saab said:
How do you know when the sensor is bad?
How do I know the milage or how do I know that the o2 sensor was bad?

I know the milage because of the SID.
I know the O2 sensor was bad because it threw a check engine light code.

·
Registered
54 Posts
2.3 or 3.0?

Just curious as to which engine you have? I never get mileage that good, and I drive mostly highway miles, hovering around 70 mph. I think that my mileage is around 24 mpg, according to the SID.

And what grade of gas? I usually use mid-grade, but lately I have been using high grade b/c it is the high grade same price at one gas station as the mid grade at another.

I have a 3.0 (6 cylinder)

Stephanie

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the 2.3L.

·
Registered
516 Posts
My best highway trip read 40.1 mpg :cheesy:
Traffic, speeds from 30-50

Typical slow highway trip gets around 36mpg, ~60 mph, driving for fuel economy

A normal highway drive will net me 30-33 mpg around 70mph

On a 2.3L lpt, wagon.

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
My 2.3t 5-speed yields about 26mpg overall. The best that I ever got was 33mpg from a long trip that was all highway at 75-80mph.

Not bad for a car that size and power output.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I get 17 mpg's in town, very bad. That is why i was wondering about the O2 sensor. Good to know it will throw a CEL. So far I have not seen one.

·
Registered
23 Posts
zef95 said:

AQUOTE]

Wow! thats typical slow highway driving. im from canada. and our limit is 60 mph or 100km. .
just wonderin whats the speed limit where your from.
is it like the autobond? (dont know hot to spell it)

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have a 2001 Saab 95 2.3 and I get around town 23.5 and on the highway I was getting 29.7. Hoping it will be better after the oil, filter and throttle body cleaning I got. Will see if it improves. :roll:

·
Registered
516 Posts
saab95saab said:
zef95 said:

AQUOTE]

Wow! thats typical slow highway driving. im from canada. and our limit is 60 mph or 100km. .
just wonderin whats the speed limit where your from.
is it like the autobond? (dont know hot to spell it)
Hardly. In/around Chicago, the limit here is 55, sometimes 65mph on highways.

70mph seems to be the average, though. Drive 55 and you're guaranteed to be in the right lane with a pile of cars behind you, although it depends. Morning traffic is 70+, afternoon traffic is forced to go slower from congestion, and Sunday traffic is generally calmer.

I've since noticed that my SID consistently reads 1-2mpg on the happy side, so I haven't quite been getting the mileage I thought I was. Tank averages come out to 22-25mpg, depending on how cold (10F to 30F) it is, how short of trips I take, and much city I drive.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Haha I think I get about 6MPG lol...Then again my ABS has crapped out and my Tach doesnt work most of the time+++++Stud broke on downpipe so my car is constantly breezing out. So yeah. thats that.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I get a wonderful 20 in town and about 26 on the highway. I think that is becuase my foot is deformed and made of lead :eek: :lol: If I drove the speed limit on the highway I'm sure I could top 30 mpg.

·
Registered
233 Posts
i bounce back and forth from about 23.9 to 25.5.i do most of my driving on the highway when im going to and from work.id imagine on longer trips,i should get better milage.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts