SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1994 900se 2.5 auto non convert and non turbo is acting up. It is slow starting off as if the trans is slipping but as you gain speed it performs fine. At mid range and high speeds if you step on the gas it picks up and goes but from a dead stop, if you goose it, she crawls. Any ideas? I have had the car since last August and changed the fluid twice. There is no serviceable filter either. 91K miles as well. Thanks.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Is your winter mode button depressed? IE you see WINTER displayed on the dash? This makes the transmission start out in 3rd.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
I think Leon has nailed it, that she is commencing activities in 3 rd gear, but this is not being noticed by the trans ECU - I guess...

Troubleshoot the range switch, you will need the WIS(workshop info sys).
This is a "high mileage" service item, its grease needs re-newed and it must be cleaned and the springs examined....and its contacts polished..

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
interesting. I have the Mitchell manual ( I dont have it with me). Will that do? I will have the mechanic look at this Saturday when he is replacing the motor mounts and serpentine belt.

·
Registered
523 Posts
You can always put the shifter into 1st and pull away from a standstill and then put the car manually into 2nd,3rd and then drive,at least you'll know if the gearbox will shift.

Alternatively press the sport button,that will normally overule winter mode...

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK in the manual I see a TCM, trans cont mod, I know where the ECU is but that's for the whole car. The TCU is located in the car, passenger side under the glove box. Is there something else you are refering to?

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
gthomp0805 said:
unfortunately I have tried both and no success.
Not good news...hope I am wrong:nono;
I was referring to the trans ECU, the one alluded to..

I think these Aisin(and Honda) transmissions use a "permanent filter" that is accessible at the 150 to 200K mile rebuild or teardown...I am not positive as to how they do this... Nor am I prepared for Honda dealer labor/parts sticker shock ....they are probably worse than Saab..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts