SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many have taken off the middle muffler on a 2001 2.3t and just have a straight pipe? Any advantage? What does it sound like?

·
Registered
247 Posts
How many have taken off the middle muffler on a 2001 2.3t and just have a straight pipe? Any advantage? What does it sound like?

I have done that also and put on a straight pipe. For me it sounds good i love the way it crackles it just has a raw sound to it. I made a vid but sound quality of the camera isnt the best.. Btw im from Providence R.I. also

the vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq4ae8txqXc

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks both for the quick replies. My flex pipe needs replaced and I thought I'd run straight pipe back from it. The utube vids sound almost the way it sounds now with the hole in the flex.

RISaab. I'm over on the eastside - where there are probably more Saabs here in this little corner of Providence than anywhere I've ever seen in the country.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Did you have a local RI shop put on the straight pipe?
yea i went to one in elmwood ave its called neighborhood auto or something like that they charged me around 100 bucks. they did a pretty good job at welding everything together. my only regret is not asking them to do a 3in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts