SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

does anyone have some tips on how to remove the middle console in a 1997 NG900 SE Turbo to replace the bulb of the AC/heat buttons? It is the area to the left of the electronic display that tells you the temperature selected. And before I do the work, what bulb do I need to get?

Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The buttons on my SID no longer light up. Or more accurately, the right two buttons no longer light up, but the left two buttons interrmittently light up. I'd also appreciate comments and suggestions on this.

·
Registered
'02 9-5 Aero Wagon, '88 SPG, '02 Viggen Vert, '01 Viggen 4dr, +Triumphs & MGs
1,747 Posts
Well, the bulbs are available only from specialty places like Eeuroparts and theSaabSite - They list bulbs for the SID and ACC

For the SID - TSS has the upper ones actually for the later ones which I think are the same as the upper ones in the 97 (http://www.thesaabsite.com/93/93electrical.htm) - or eEuro has ones listed...(http://www.eeuroparts.com/productdetail.aspx?searchResults=1&code=9838) which are a different wattage so they may be correct thought I would call Dale to be sure - as his listing is not specific - I just replaced mine a while ago - at the time he had to look them up as there was nothing in his catalog...he tends to add things after they are ordered.

Here is the fun part - they are like $10 each. They are different wattage - 1.1w I think and 1.8w so you cannot interchange the lower bulbs with the upper - one has a grey base and one white. The lower ones for the buttons are slightly more expensive and are grey based (and I am pretty sure they are the 1.1w listed at eEuro but again, I would call to be sure).

Now to replace them - pop out the sid per any of the instructions on this site (or on the TSS link above)...the bulbs are twist ins - so take a small screwdriver - turn the appropriate bulb base (grey plastic circle) - and remove the bulb - replace.

To replace the ACC bulbs - same thing - pop out the unit - and they are the same design bulbs

Sorry to ramble - it is Monday AM...If you need more info than that - let me know :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts