SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! Just wondering how many of us Saab enthusiasts are in Michigan? It would be awesome to meet up and cruise, take pictures, etc. Let me know if anybody is interested, we could plan something in the Spring time.

I am near Grand Rapids, MI. ;ol;

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Great Lakes Saab Club

There is a Facebook group/page for the Great Lakes Saab Club. They are planning an event for next weekend at the Lingenfelter Collection.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is a Facebook group/page for the Great Lakes Saab Club. They are planning an event for next weekend at the Lingenfelter Collection.
I'll be in Europe for my anniversary...hopefully some more Michigan events pop up throughout the spring/summer

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Considering arranging a Saab meet in early August

One day only, maybe 10 to 4, lunch provided, isolated end of public park, maybe a couple presenters too. Venue rental, Event Insurance, Catering, Signs, Park Passes, estimated of other misc items, all combine to place the per head cost at around $30 each with a target of 60 participants.

Is this too high? Don't know what is common.

Activity ideas that I am considering:
- If held on August 4th we could arrive en masse at the Ypsilanti Garage to look at the Ferraris, Porsches, Cobras, etc., and bug everyone there by asking why there are no Saabs. (this is the same garage where David E Davis Jr kept his car collection - if you don't know don't ask)
- The organizer of the Ypsi Garage Open Houses may be able to schedule his guest speaker to be someone with Saab knowledge - a stretch but never hurts to ask.
- Orio has their Administrative HQ about 45 miles away (if they didn't move it to their warehouse location in PA) and they may be enticed to come with a table and canopy.
- I have two Saabs which require new seat covers installed. A local shop has a good upholstery reputation so they may be willing to do the work on my car(s) in the park so as to lure additional customers for the same service. I have the 9-3 seat cushion skin in hand, still need the seat and back cushion skins for my 9-5 Aero.
- A former Saab Dealer ~60 miles away now concentrates in selling vintage Saabs and doing service on all Saabs. They may be willing to bring a couple cars and lots of business cards for a group of Saab aficionados.
- Local Saab Specialty Garage (where I take my cars) may be willing to do a Q & A session, or describe specific service, or how to use a Tech-II for diagnostics.
- A local Import Car Parts Store who sells many European lubricants and parts might be willing to set up a table and canopy.

Location would target Saabers in Southern MI, N-W Ohio, N-E Indiana, and anyone else who wants to drive to Ypsilanti MI.

Thanks,

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One day only, maybe 10 to 4, lunch provided, isolated end of public park, maybe a couple presenters too. Venue rental, Event Insurance, Catering, Signs, Park Passes, estimated of other misc items, all combine to place the per head cost at around $30 each with a target of 60 participants.

Is this too high? Don't know what is common.

Activity ideas that I am considering:
- If held on August 4th we could arrive en masse at the Ypsilanti Garage to look at the Ferraris, Porsches, Cobras, etc., and bug everyone there by asking why there are no Saabs. (this is the same garage where David E Davis Jr kept his car collection - if you don't know don't ask)
- The organizer of the Ypsi Garage Open Houses may be able to schedule his guest speaker to be someone with Saab knowledge - a stretch but never hurts to ask.
- Orio has their Administrative HQ about 45 miles away (if they didn't move it to their warehouse location in PA) and they may be enticed to come with a table and canopy.
- I have two Saabs which require new seat covers installed. A local shop has a good upholstery reputation so they may be willing to do the work on my car(s) in the park so as to lure additional customers for the same service. I have the 9-3 seat cushion skin in hand, still need the seat and back cushion skins for my 9-5 Aero.
- A former Saab Dealer ~60 miles away now concentrates in selling vintage Saabs and doing service on all Saabs. They may be willing to bring a couple cars and lots of business cards for a group of Saab aficionados.
- Local Saab Specialty Garage (where I take my cars) may be willing to do a Q & A session, or describe specific service, or how to use a Tech-II for diagnostics.
- A local Import Car Parts Store who sells many European lubricants and parts might be willing to set up a table and canopy.

Location would target Saabers in Southern MI, N-W Ohio, N-E Indiana, and anyone else who wants to drive to Ypsilanti MI.

Thanks,
I am down! (No matter the cost)

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Michigan SAAB Summer Fest

The Pre-Registration price is $20 per head and ends July 15th. Send an email to:

[email protected]

and I will send you a copy of the Registration Form, a copy of the Map, a copy of the Flier, and a copy of the Park Rules (pretty much no alcohol, keep pets on leash, and clean-up after pets)

Roger

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
I completely forgot to register for this, is there anyway we could get two more saabs registered?? Sorry ive been in the process of moving and lifes been all,kinds of crazy!

I am the one who should apologize. The past week was so hectic getting ready for the event that I didn't check any of the Saab Owner Bulletin Boards. I only checked the email address shown on the fliers - multiple times per day - answering questions and arguing with the Parks Department to not kick the event out of the Park at the last minute.

We had 65 passionate SAAB owners, and 44-1/2 SAABs, in attendance on Saturday. Gorgeous weather so LOTS of convertibles.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts