SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
replacing my struts on my 2000 Viggen... can't really afford Koni's or Bilsteins...
not going to lower it...(driveway is so steep that I already scrape...)

looking at
Meyle part#5056650
monroe sensitracs
or
KYB GR2s

suggestions?

·
Registered
556 Posts
I was in the same situation as you when I started to ask around here. Most were saying to go with at least Sachs, they can be found on ebay.

I was going to go with the GR-2 and got talked out of them. I used sensetracs a few times in the past; great for everyday cars and driving. I tried them on a lowered car and there was NO sportiness at all. Wasted money.

This time around I just bit the bullet and went with Bilstiens. I haven't installed them yet, but I'm sure I made the right choice. Plus with you having a Viggen, I'd stay with a good hi-end shock.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was in the same situation as you when I started to ask around here. Most were saying to go with at least Sachs, they can be found on ebay.

I was going to go with the GR-2 and got talked out of them. I used sensetracs a few times in the past; great for everyday cars and driving. I tried them on a lowered car and there was NO sportiness at all. Wasted money.

This time around I just bit the bullet and went with Bilstiens. I haven't installed them yet, but I'm sure I made the right choice. Plus with you having a Viggen, I'd stay with a good hi-end shock.
I get ya... I'd buy the bilsteins in a heartbeat.... if i had the $...
but...
I don't ...:(

·
Registered
19,184 Posts
The Viggen has stiff springs. Cheap shocks aren't going to damp them properly. If you go on the cheap side you will be replacing them after a year or so... might be false economy.

Are your stock struts really bad?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Viggen has stiff springs. Cheap shocks aren't going to damp them properly. If you go on the cheap side you will be replacing them after a year or so... might be false economy.

Are your stock struts really bad?
yup...they are DEAD... front passenger must have 0 compression...lol

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
yes his shocks are past shot. koni man. take out a loan.... work the corner do what u have to do. wont take anything to throw them on.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I got lucky and found my HD's for $102 ea.

Now I need to order springs and other various suspension and steering parts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts