SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive tried n tried but i cant seem to find the strut grille style mesh that most of the saabs have. anyone know where to find it and does it come sheets or pre-fitted?

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
JD 9-3S said:
damn i would of never thought gutter guard, thats awesome. thanks
You can leave the gutter gard like that (it won't rust) or paint it black if you want as well before reassemblig the grille.

Don't forget to post pics for both before and after :cheesy:

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
hkayssi said:
You can leave the gutter gard like that (it won't rust) or paint it black if you want as well before reassemblig the grille.

Don't forget to post pics for both before and after :cheesy:
Gutter Guard will look pretty ugly after a couple of years specially if exposed to road salt....I believe it's galvanized steel so it will turn grey like an old garbage can.

The mesh sheets sold at auto stores, as 9-3Sleeper suggests, is a better bet as it's often a chrome plated aluminum so it's easy to cut and will stay shiny for ever!!! A few bucks more but how often do you want to make a new grill??

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Yes Robert I agree that the $40 chrome sheet is a lot better but mine is on the car for 2 years now and it's starting to get tarnished. Basically I'll pull the grille off take off the gutter guard, clean, then repaint it black and I'm good for 6 more months.

I have 5 grilles, all look diffrent. I'm only using 3 and alternating them every couple of months. One is going to be painted black and one is custom and just underwent major face lift surgery :lol:

I'd rather buy a 6th grille for that $40 + shipping from ebay.

If I make a mistake with the gutter guard, it would cost me $3 for another sheet not $40

I know your method is better but I'm happy with the cheaper alternative (for now).

·
Registered
1,816 Posts

Here is about $3 worth of gutter guard and some time.

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
That looks nice... Think I will do that... I have some down low over my removed fog light air intake hole.....

How did you attach the mesh on the back side?

John

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
how did it go attaching that? i read the 900 grille actually has to be broken apart and then you have to insert screws to get it together again. not much of an issue?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts