SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know a good place to get a Saab mesh grille? On that note, does anyone know an easy way to remove the grille? thnx :cheesy:

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Simply squeeze the two plastic clips, its so easy, so intuitive, easier than the VW A2 model.

Why mesh ?
Custom shops may have this..

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i guess i don't need mesh, but I don't like the chrome because i don't think it goes well with silver. what other options are there besides mesh for custom grille's?

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Some paint their grills, this can be tricky unless perfectly done..

Were you able to remove the unit ? - this is necessary for some repair work..

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Eric's Saab Site is great.
He has "short cut" status and is bookmarked.
This grill modification looks great, NOT like "gutter guard" at all:cheesy: .
I may have seen it on a Ford..

·
Registered
267 Posts
Or you could do this

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how do you separate the black piece from the plastic chrome? is there any easy way to do this because right now I simply don't have enough hands...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nm i got them apart and put in the mesh but it doesn't look that great. I think I need to find a grille that matches the color of my car to really improve the look:cheesy:

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
speroninedotcom said:
nm i got them apart and put in the mesh but it doesn't look that great. I think I need to find a grille that matches the color of my car to really improve the look:cheesy:
You can't find one that matches the color of the car. You need to paint it to match.

You can either paint the grille or paint the mesh black before inserting it in.

What color is your Vig?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Did you cut the old grille bars before installing the mesh?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My viggen is Silver. If it were black this would be easy.

No, i didn't cut out the old grille but it is hardly (not the problem) noticable. After the mesh (black or polished metal) obviously didn't fit well with the chrome I painted it (chrome) black but it still doesn't look right. Is there a place on the internet that sells pre painted grilles that fit our SAABS?!

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
speroninedotcom said:

No, i didn't cut out the old grille but it is hardly (not the problem) noticable. After the mesh (black or polished metal) obviously didn't fit well with the chrome I painted it (chrome) black but it still doesn't look right. Is there a place on the internet that sells pre painted grilles that fit our SAABS?!
NOPE! You can try and find one that is Carbon Fiber :cool:
This is Pade's Grille
http://www.garaget.org/?car=61&image=436904

·
Registered
267 Posts
Yes...go to w w w . s p e e d p a r t s . s e

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Yes I know in Europe they're available however shipping to the US costs double the price of the grille if they can even send it (size limitations)

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
speroninedotcom said:

I bought some paint in a rattle can from Home Depot. The color was "HD2815 aluminum" and it looks real nice on the grill with black bars in the back. It is VERY close to the silver on a 900 or 9-3. My BIL actually painted the side skirts on his and it looks like a dead-on match.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Frank_Drebin said:
I bought some paint in a rattle can from Home Depot. The color was "HD2815 aluminum" and it looks real nice on the grill with black bars in the back. It is VERY close to the silver on a 900 or 9-3. My BIL actually painted the side skirts on his and it looks like a dead-on match.
do you have any pics?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts