SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has seen a mesh grille for sell. I have seen some but the mesh covers the saab piece and i think it looks crappy. I would do it myself but with upcoming deployment i dont have much time.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
There are no off-the-shelf mesh grilles for the 9-3 2003-2007.
As you've seen, there are mesh inserts, cut to the correct size, that clip over the existing grill. With these, the Saab 'wings' badge can either be left in place and the mesh goes over it, or you can take it off and re-attach after you've clipped the mesh on.
If you want a proper mesh grill, you're only option is to make one yourself, there are many threads on this located in the 9-3 workshop, but as you don't have much time, it could be a job for when you get back.

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
How much that cost you abarth?
looks gorgeous

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
eww

Just my opinion, I would not throw mesh on any car I own.
agreed. i just dont think im a fan of the chrome, but a honeycomb grill like hirsch offers for the new 9-3s would be freekin awesome for ours

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
Im going for a gunmetal instead of a "chrome" look, looks much better imo
Def looks better then the fake chrome plastic that comes from the factory

·
Registered
223 Posts
Racemesh is not cheaper. Quote of $536 is the cheapest and goes up to $626. How are 3 tiny pieces of plastic and metal so damn much money?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
mesh... meh... I can't believe people still do this.

I used to like chrome when I was in high school, only cuz I had a 68 Chevelle. The only place chrome belongs is on a muscle car, even then I'm tired of it. and don't even get me started on harley crap.

I used to like the murder'd out look, but now it's soo blaaaah. Need some contrast.

I NEVER liked mesh, always looked out of place and cheap and never once improved the look of any car

just my opinion though.......

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
agreed. i just dont think im a fan of the chrome, but a honeycomb grill like hirsch offers for the new 9-3s would be freekin awesome for ours
i too wish Hirsch made a honeycomb for the 03-07s. but if they did, it would probably be $3000.....

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
jeez race mesh 500 bucks a mesh grill for our cars should just be like 50 bucks

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
i too wish Hirsch made a honeycomb for the 03-07s. but if they did, it would probably be $3000.....
yea it will definitely be a lot of money, im gonna photo shop something up right now

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
That looks nice, do it yourself?
No I called Racemesh and requested a custom job, took my grills out and sent them to Racemesh. I went with the plain stainless steel, instead of teh chrome or powder coated black.( I see they have added black chrome to their list). About a week later they returned the grills complete. Just put them in. Had them also make a bottom grill:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I hope you didn't pay too much for that, the lower piece looks like it barely fits. Is that held on with zip ties?

If you guys are all crazy 'bout this stuff, why not source the mesh and make them yourselves. Call me crazy, but it can't be too tough to do. I've never done it personally and never will, but like anything else I do, I'd be f-in awesome at it.

I can't believe the prices being paid for this crap

1 - 20 of 77 Posts