SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so you guys know how i'm the king of saabs now. :p You know it took me almost a month to grow a pair to install that air filter.

but now i want that mesh grill. I can't find it though. I went to Geninue saab and all they had was the chrome one.

~Mike

G

·
Mike, again this is a job you can do yourself. You need to buy yourself a sheet of grille of your choice. You can get this from eBay, car mod shops etc and cut it to size.. :)

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
22,211 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
I'm keeping a low profile :eek:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Has anyone done the mesh on a 2002+ with the new style grill? I'd love to do this. Haven't taken a close look though to see what might be involved.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Mike's is a 2002, he will show us all how then ;)

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
I suspect the MY02 facelift model is probably the same as the earlier models. The black plastic slats are connected to the front part of the grill via some plastic tabs, you just prise open the tabs, remove the slats, place the wire mesh behind the grill front and hold it in place by clipping the slats back in place. The problem is the fact the grill is integral with the fender/bumper.

G

·
Sounds like a bumper off job, shouldn't be to hard. :confused:

Pop around with the car Mike, We will do a tutorial for the board :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
I've added mesh on both pre2002s and my 2003 9-5. It's really not that different. Although the newer grill is more integral to the bumper you can still just pop the hood and push out the grill pieces (after popping out a few plastic tab/bolts).

I did find though that there's less room in between the black plastic piece and the chrome piece on the 2002- so you really have to trim the mesh down precisely.

Joe

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Maverickvii said:
I've added mesh on both pre2002s and my 2003 9-5. It's really not that different. Although the newer grill is more integral to the bumper you can still just pop the hood and push out the grill pieces (after popping out a few plastic tab/bolts).

I did find though that there's less room in between the black plastic piece and the chrome piece on the 2002- so you really have to trim the mesh down precisely.

Joe
Hey joe from Cambridge, wanna help me?
I was just over there tonight, by ManRay. HAHA! ALways a zoo there.

So i can just buy the mesh material anywhere?
and im assuming i gotta match the bottom too with MEsh, just not the grill.
~Mike

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Kermit said:
Horrible color though.
Dont you want his car to have your kids then :p

1 - 20 of 44 Posts