SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 07 Aero, doesnt hold the the position I set it for. I adjust the seat then press memory/1 at the same time and here a chime- set. Then someone else gets in the car and moves the seat back so they can get in and drives the car. Next time I get into and press and hold #1, the seat doesn't adjust. Anyone else have this problem? Am I missing something? or is it a defect?

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
naples007 said:
My 07 Aero, doesnt hold the the position I set it for. I adjust the seat then press memory/1 at the same time and here a chime- set. Then someone else gets in the car and moves the seat back so they can get in and drives the car. Next time I get into and press and hold #1, the seat doesn't adjust. Anyone else have this problem? Am I missing something? or is it a defect?
i dont't even hear the chime..maybe you need to replace the memory module..hope not..i dont think mines work either because I never hear the chime. and it seem that the previous set seat position is always there and i cant program my own position.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Happens on my 2003. Never bothered asking them in service. Plus I'm out of warranty now so I'm not even going to bother for something like that.

As a matter of fact my brother and I have an ongoing argument concerning that. I get in, put my setting; he gets in and tries to put his and doesn't work, or vice versa :p

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great 220 miles on the car and its going in for service... The more gadgets the more headaches... Glad my 06 9-3 has been trouble free for 28,000 miles so far.

·
Registered
84 Posts
naples007 said:
I get this all the time, its coz when someone new gets out of the car, the backs of one's thighs hit the "M" button & one of the number pads, usually the one that you want to use, hence resetting the memory.

For me its a really annoying problem coz my 9000 Aero never has this problem. The seat squab is much, much higher in the 9000 though!

The fix on my 9-3 is I am going to use double sided tape & add some plastic rails so that the memory buttons are more recessed, hopefully this will mean no more arguments over who reset who's memory.

Very bad design fault in my opinion!

Cheers Teddy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts